Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2020, 09:36 PM
wookness
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)

Hear ya loud & clear on the blastinating w/the 9, AL. Whot do think is happening w/the 1st. cold bbl. shot?
--

Attempting to keep up w/the Stars game in another tab. Looks like they may pull it out & tie or even win this game! Great tension, eh?
--

Not so much now. Stars need to get back on the cam for the next one!

Last edited by wookness; 09-21-2020 at 09:59 PM. Reason: didn't happen late
Old 09-21-2020, 09:57 PM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Stand moved. Not without a few hitches. No one got crushed by the big monster. Will not go into detail. Got home at 4:30. Trailer under shelter and all stored away.

BW, don't worry. The virus will be gone Nov. 4th per Fred and all his buddies. Doesn't exist.

GF, Yankee DIL slips them over the state line.

Watched two movies on Netflix. Title of the good one slips my mind. About a pickpocket and a CIA agent. Very tired.

Goodnight Gigi, Al, Sophia, Rhody, Don, mdew, wook, Blackwolfe, Alum, GF, Sail, TD, Szumi, W8LON, Brent, COW, Hawkeye, Atonic, Brent, jnyork, Rock, Gerald, Wayne, Ranger, dlong, Wade, Squirrel, zenaca, OldDave, M92, AZ, wr, Atonic, nfcracin, IHMS, Mike, Hawkeye, Greggie, koonta, Tricks, pans, labratt, RichJ, vinbyr, GP, TinCan, arjay, RonL, OldSwede, JDWIN, dj, 404, 1917, Carrij, Mikey, JimWY, CMR, Johnny, rj, Rick, calibrian and all the rest.

Sleep tight
Old 09-21-2020, 09:59 PM
Atonic

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by W8LON View Post
Canít wait till the leaves fall off and the color terrorists head back south. Touristas and college students opened the flood gates to our rise in numbers. Should have blown the bridge after I crossed last time.

I traveled through Wayne county the day it first showed up. My mom tried putting me in quarantine for two weeks after that trip to Ohio with it breaking out in every city visited.
Are you saying you left a trail of infection in your wake?
Old 09-21-2020, 10:09 PM
Mike Clark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Snipe, somewhere in France, 1915.

I'm thinking something is off on the date.
According to info I am finding first Snipe wasn't built until 1917 and barely made it into WWI by August of 1918.
Old 09-21-2020, 11:11 PM
Phil in Alabama

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Busy day here, did a bunch of laundry and house cleaning earlier then mowing and weedeating here and across the field at Mom's all afternoon until nightfall. Father in law drove the wife to dialysis today so I'd have a day to work on things here. Had a lot to catch up with. Saturday was a bad day for me, had an especially bad migraine episode, was really badly nauseas this time, which usually doesn't happen with mine. Fighting barfing while feeling like you've had your skull beat in is not fun. Missed out on a good work outside or hunt day. Went yesterday to visit our daughter and grandson at their house. Been enjoying the cooler temps, air off and windows open. It was great to work outside without getting dehydrated for a change! All the flying dust was rough on my eyes though, as it has been very dry here lately.
Old 09-22-2020, 01:54 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atonic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by W8LON View Post
Can’t wait till the leaves fall off and the color terrorists head back south. Touristas and college students opened the flood gates to our rise in numbers. Should have blown the bridge after I crossed last time.

I traveled through Wayne county the day it first showed up. My mom tried putting me in quarantine for two weeks after that trip to Ohio with it breaking out in every city visited.
Are you saying you left a trail of infection in your wake?
I’ve never been so lost in Ohio. The Google map lady had me driving through every little bird on the states east side in pursuit of my Martini MK II. I may have passed through your town as the map makers must have turned loose a flock of sheep and built roads where they wandered. Some of the curves and hills I think I passed myself.
The coming of the plague.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:38 AM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
You gonna build a piano when you're done with the truck?
I used to build boxes to put pianos in.

Today I'll be cutting the top of the bed and installing hinges to access the storage underneath. Then I'll cleat it all down to the sub-floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post
. . .
Glad you made it to the range yesterday, Don. Wasn't sure that would make for you, whot w/all the rain over your way.

. . .

Glad you got to hunt skeets yesterday. Sounds like you had a good and long day of it.

I was bound and determined to go, regardless of the weather. The shooting line is covered against rain that falls vertically. Lately, tho, most of the rain has had a horizontal bent toit.

Crazy storm Beta is over South of you, but giving us plenty of wind and rain here.
People are kayaking to work in Houston.

Now the remnant of Paulette is reforming over in the Eastern Atlantic, and threatening to come back this way.

Yay, . . . 2020

Java and breakfast.
Karen is driving Miss Daisey today.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:44 AM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Morning. Warmed to 55. Cooked bologna egg and cheese on hamburger buns. Now getting ready to meet with the Hispanics and take them to the trailer parks I serve.

Al, good looking rig you have.

Enjoy the day.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:06 AM
gewehrfreund

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Happy Fall all y'all.

Enjoyed reading your skeet tournament report, Wook. Those are some interesting guns you have, right up my alley . . . . .

if I could afford them and were a better shooter. Full choked double trigger guns with ancient shells shooting low gun!!! That deserves medals and prizes all by itself!

I sit here wondering if you were shooting those perdiz in TX, or in Spain with Charles Askins.

Last edited by gewehrfreund; 09-22-2020 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:39 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Shlept well our Last nite spent @ the shack in 2020. Breezy again but not as bad as lately. The truck will be full per the Finn's over-preparedness. note to self: new D batts for lanterns and look for D Li batts.

55˚ and the warm busy Finn has all the windows n doors open! G G Gaaaah!!
Old 09-22-2020, 09:52 AM
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
60 degrees out there, with a trace of rain LAST nite. Should be good for the rest of the day.

The disease struck again - this time with a very art-deco (1933-42) Agfa "Billy" camera.

Now when I find that twin-lens reflex (like a Rolleiflex or similar) I'll be complete. For a while. I think...

Life is good!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_1381 duck.JPG (197.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 09-22-2020, 10:37 AM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewehrfreund View Post
Happy Fall all y'all.

I sit here wondering if you were shooting those perdiz in TX, or in Spain with Charles Askins.
Thanks for the compliment, GF! Uruguay & Argentina, but mostly Uruguay as they have many more birds, or did anyway. Suspect it remains that way. Hunted them over flushing dogs [Brittany's] in tall grassy fields that are interspersed w/small streams much like brook trout streams and the terrain is 'lumpy' for lack of a better expression. You're doing a lot of treacherous and slippery walking, usually in wet grass and they flush wild, getting up 35~40 yards out and fly low at a height of only 4 feet or so before going back to ground way too far to successfully chase if not hit on the flush. Where you find one bird, another is usually close by as they are only hunted during the pre-mating season when the birds are 'hooking up'. Can't sex them as they look the same. Season is short, from early July to around August 12th, some times not that long. Limit is ten birds/day. We always hunted in the mornings only; not sure that was a regulation. Never hunted the same field twice during a season and the dogs are kenneled up and you drive to another field after a brace or two are taken. Its a good conservation practice strictly followed by the outfitters & guides we used. Also, each 'gun' was strictly limited to one box of 25 cartridges per hunt. I used Italian RC 20 Ga. 'trap' ammunition loaded w/25 grams of nickel plated #7 shot that I had the outfitter obtain for me. If you shoot all of your issued box, you are done for the day, period. That too is done to not put too much pressure on the resource. The birds are highly prized there and the Estancia's where we stayed all had their own house recipes and would prepare special meals for us that made you think you were living large in an earlier time period. And they taste like perdiz, if you are wondering, which is unique.. in my experience anyway. Doubt my knees & other issues would let me hunt perdiz these days. Its way physical even when you are being catered to.

In Spain, its red-legged partridge, a totally dif. bird and they are usually shot on drives and you are shooting from a butt or specific spot; the Brits call them 'pegs'
where they are drawn for and comparatively, it is way less arduous and way more expensive!

Much more than you asked, GF, but those are fond memories from a time when I was more fit and less toadly. All this sheltering in place brought to us by the Wuhan virus, courtesy of the CCP has not helped my profile any.
--

Its 68 w/fog & mist this morning. We've received about Ĺ" of rain since it started yesterday afternoon late. It should continue thru tonight. High of 75 forecast tomorrow, then warming to near 90 for the weekend. A/C didn't have to do much werk last night, but remains on to keep the humidity bearable and will be required to stay comfortable as it warms again. Just whot it is. Lazy morning; had cinnamon toast w/my gruel.

Last edited by wookness; 09-22-2020 at 10:43 AM.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:39 AM
OldDave
US Marines

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That's a great pic Cow.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:44 AM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDave View Post
That's a great pic Cow.
Old 09-22-2020, 11:08 AM
gewehrfreund

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post

Much more than you asked, GF, but those are fond memories from a time when I was more fit and less toadly.

Thanks for elaborating and correcting my species or geography, or both.
Sounds like you had some great times resulting in some great memories.

(you never did tell us if Chuck Askins was along on those hunts He always impressed me as a bit arrogant in his writing. I recall he was quite the bird hunter and very up on Spain and Spanish high-end guns though I do recall he hunted south America plenty too)