Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

My recent e-mail to Aguila

6K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  5Mag 
#1 ·
I wrote:

Hello.

I keep watching your website and hoping and praying...…….

"Yes, Aguila still manufactures this very popular 5mm ammunition. However, due to increased .22 rimfire demand, shipments to dealers and distributors have been pushed back to 2017."

Sadly 2018 is nearly half gone and still no word, update or 5mm ammo to be found anywhere.

Should we 5mm owners hold out any more hope, or is this a dead end ?? I would really like to be able to shoot my rifles again one day.

Thank you for your time.

They replied:

Good morning !

I apologize for the delay in update for the 5mm and we are aware that it states it has been pushed back to 2017 and are currently reconstructing the website with accurate information and new merchandise in the online store. Although, we are making progress!

We just built a new manufacturing facility right here at our Conroe, Texas location which is going to increase production of our current product line and will soon get us ready and prepared for any new product lines like the anticipated 5mm.
When we start the production of the 5mm, it will be a HUGE announcement so we have been recommending everyone to like and follow all of our social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) for any upcoming updates, announcements, and events. When we begin production for the 5mm we will send out a flash email to all of our customers who have inquired about it.
Please continue to keep on the look out for any new announcements and updates!

Thank you for your continued supported of Aguila Ammunition.

Have a blessed day!

See less See more
#11 · (Edited)
Pretty sure the first year was over a million rounds. If say there was 5,000 buyers that's only 200 rounds per rifle.

I checked Eric Mayer's 5mm Forum for this info:

To date 29 Jan 2012 8.5 million rounds were manufactured and shipped

2011 approximately 2 million rounds were made and shipped

2012 they expect to manufacture and ship over 2 million rounds

10.5 MILLION rounds.

#9 ·
What, me worried?

I don't have to wait for the new supply of 5MM rimfire ammo since I have installed Schroeder centerfire boltheads on both of my Remington rifles and reload the centerfire brass when needed. I've got one set of brass that's been reloaded 15 times without sign of case fatigue. I'm shooting 33 grain VMax right now, but can load any .204 bullet from 25gr to 40gr in the centerfire cases along with the appropriate power charge. Can you say "versatile?"

When the new supply of 5MM rimfire ammo shows up, I can switch to the original rimfire boltheads and proceed to burn 'em up too. Can you say "versatile?"

What, me worried?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.