Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Using a set screw to lock in trigger housing pins

18K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Penn25 
#1 · (Edited)
Recently there was a new thread about loose trigger housing pins and what to do about them. That subject pops up fairly often it seems.

I didn't see anyone mention using a set screw in the rear of the receiver to push against the trig housing to prevent movement and lock the retainer pins in place. This is an idea that somebody came up with many moons ago, and I first heard of it here on RFC a long way back. Possibly Antlurz, or Chief Dave came up with it? ( Both RIP)

Anyhow, it involves a simple drill and tap job for a 6/32 Allen set screw. Absolutely locks in the pins. No oversized pins, or swaging the ends or holes, knurling, nada. The photo's show it. Super simple solution. Adding a dimple in the housing is a nice touch too. 1/4" set screw, or 3/8" with a dimple if I recall. NOTE - the new plastic Ruger trigger housings may not need a "dimple".

See less See more
#2 ·
Sweet. Like so many Gunsmither ideas, simple and effective! This is a lot easier than drilling and oversized pins, which also means you can never go back to stock size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.