Do the Kidd 10/22 trigger kits ever go on sale? Opinions...alternatives? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-21-2020, 01:52 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
A lot of people shy away from the Kidd kit because of the price. But when you think about what your getting they really don't cost any more than any other manufacturer's. Yeah you can buy a VQ or Clark hammer for around $37. But with the Kidd kit your getting the hammer, sear, disconnect, and blade for around $100. If you were to purchase all 4 of those pieces from VQ you would be at around $125. Even if you were to piece those 4 trigger parts together from a couple different aftermarket parts your looking at in the $100+ range. So when you really think about it with the Kidd kit your getting a better trigger than you get with any other manufacturer's for around the same or less $.

I bought my Kidd drop in kits two at a time @ $95 each . Saves on shipping too .
Old 11-21-2020, 07:29 PM
MG-70

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Fox View Post
When Kidd first started selling his trigger job kits I remember he had a couple sales on them for $85. That's when I bought my first two. I just bought a couple more @ 95 for stock and if he does have a sale on them I'll buy more for stock. Some how I think 2 for 95 is as good as we will see. When I first started on these triggers the only thing that was out there was us with a hone and file.

I won't say I've tried them all but I have tried a bunch. Nothing comes remotely close to Kidd triggers. Kits and two stage. I always put the factory Ruger parts back into the box the Kidd parts came in and put the s/n of the receiver or what trigger housing they came from. If you sell the rifle/charger or have to return it to the factory you can reinstall the factory parts. You can then keep the Kidd stuff for your next build or sell it. The way I see it you can't loose buying the Kidd stuff.
Well said! I also label and store replaced parts with the box and/or papers of the host gun.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement, and a happy and safe weekend to all!

Old 11-21-2020, 11:01 PM
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Kidd vs BX

I wrote an article a while back, Kidd vs BX.

https://www.aumih.info/articles/kidd_bx/Kidd_BX.pdf
Old Today, 02:24 AM
MG-70

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
A lot of people shy away from the Kidd kit because of the price. But when you think about what your getting they really don't cost any more than any other manufacturer's. Yeah you can buy a VQ or Clark hammer for around $37. But with the Kidd kit your getting the hammer, sear, disconnect, and blade for around $100. If you were to purchase all 4 of those pieces from VQ you would be at around $125. Even if you were to piece those 4 trigger parts together from a couple different aftermarket parts your looking at in the $100+ range. So when you really think about it with the Kidd kit your getting a better trigger than you get with any other manufacturer's for around the same or less $.
Very true, I never stopped to think about it that way. I would rather have the option of using my own trigger with some of his internal components, but I guess that his design is sufficiently different that it wouldn't work with other triggers and/or by forcing people to use his parts, he is able to obtain a better trigger pull, which ultimately is best for everyone.

Here's hoping I can get my hands on a couple of the kits soon!

Cheers
Old Today, 02:35 AM
MG-70

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztlan View Post
I wrote an article a while back, Kidd vs BX.

https://www.aumih.info/articles/kidd_bx/Kidd_BX.pdf

Nice read! I don't know whether you've written about it elsewhere, but perhaps you can compare a factory trigger that has been worked on, to the other two you have already covered.

Thanks for the reply!
Old Today, 08:17 AM
jim2527

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'll send you my 'worked over' factory trigger and you can decide!! PM me your address and I'll get it out early next week.
Old Today, 08:24 AM
jim2527

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I have over 5 hours of work into a factory trigger and it still has all the factory parts plus the addition of trigger shims. If was fun to do and I learned a lot about 10/22 triggers by doing my own. If I had to do it again I buy one of the 'drop-in' kits. I see them as a great value, at the end of the day factory parts will always be factory parts.