Scope on a Traditions Crockett .32 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-30-2020, 11:03 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Scope on a Traditions Crockett .32

My shooting of the Crockett is severely limited by 70 yo eyes. I recently installed a Mag Spark 209 primer ignition after a little drill and dremel work. Using light BlackHorn 209 loads the system seems to work and I am interested in finding out the accuracy that this combo will produce. I would like to install a scope mount. The only solution I can find is to drill and tap the barrel for a weaver or picatinny rail. Has anyone else been down this road or is there a better or easier solution I should consider?
Old 09-30-2020, 11:10 AM
James Cottrell
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to James Cottrell
Not sure on the mounting, but a friend of mine built one of those from a kit. He is super accurate with it and it is his most used squirrel gun now. Good luck with your project.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:01 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by john300exc View Post
My shooting of the Crockett is severely limited by 70 yo eyes. I recently installed a Mag Spark 209 primer ignition after a little drill and dremel work. Using light BlackHorn 209 loads the system seems to work and I am interested in finding out the accuracy that this combo will produce. I would like to install a scope mount. The only solution I can find is to drill and tap the barrel for a weaver or picatinny rail. Has anyone else been down this road or is there a better or easier solution I should consider?
I've read on RFC somewhere where folks have actually glued scope mounts on receivers, successfully. Try putting up a new thread in the Scope Forum.
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2020, 10:00 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have ordered two different flat bottom picitanny rails for my Crockett. I may try your glue suggestion initially for testing to see if drilling and tapping is worthwhile.
Old 11-21-2020, 06:53 PM
Silas

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
I've read on RFC somewhere where folks have actually glued scope mounts on receivers, successfully. Try putting up a new thread in the Scope Forum.
I have done this using Loctite 380 which has milled rubber fibers in it: https://www.henkel-adhesives.com/us/...ctite_380.html

Be sure to carefully degrease everything before applying adhesive.
Old 11-21-2020, 07:13 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Great tip, I'll definitely look into that adhesive.
Thanks