Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Citation firing pin spring?

641 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Velocette 
#1 ·
I have been doing new (to me) pistol maintenance on a HS Citation, S/N
SH 1467xx. Cleaning, polishing, lubrication and replacing springs.
All had been normal until I removed the firing pin & cleaned out the firing pin channel.
the new firing pin spring (from Wolff) was, just like the one that came out, about 1" long and snugly around the firing pin base, just like the old one.
However, when I attempted installation, it was no go. After careful examination,
I found that the firing pin channel in the slide was drilled to just short of the front end of the slide, just like my 1911s, BHPs and most other pistols. My measurements would have the correct firing pin spring to be about 1.5" long and about 0.18" in outside diameter. There is no way that the one that came out or the new one could function as a firing pin return spring.
Any suggestions from the mavens of High Standard?

Roger

#2 ·
firing pin spring

The correct installation of the firing pin spring is to put the smaller end of the spring onto the pin first. The spring will slide down the pin and stop short of the base of the pin. That way the larger end will hit against the step in the front end of the firing pin hole.

#3 ·
HSWayne;
Do I understand you, that the smaller end of the firing pin spring does not butt up against the
shoulder in the front of the firing pin? The only thing to hold it in place is the taper of the firing pin?

Roger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.