Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-08-2020, 01:14 PM
whammm

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Brimstone tier 3 or tier 2?

Brimstone tier 3 is the least expensive option at $45. Brimstone tier 2 is $85.

Who has had either one done or both done? Result?

The only additional function that I've read on their website is that tier 2 seems to stop/limit trigger travel after the shot. They might make it "nicer" than tier 3 yet I'm primarily concerned with functional gains.

Currently using the Ruger BX trigger. Would like to send them the OEM trigger that came with the rifle so they can make it better. Would tier 3 or 2 be same / better than my Ruger BX trigger?
Old 08-08-2020, 01:29 PM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I never tried a tier 3, but do have a tier 2, like it and have no complaints. Never owned a BX, but have picked them up and tried some in a few gun shops. There is no comparing a factory BX to a Brimstone as far as I'm concerned.

I also have an OEM with the Kidd drop in trigger kit in it, and it's a nicer trigger than all the others. By the time you add your shipping to Brimstone for a tier 2, you don't have much more invested in the Kidd drop in. That's where my money would go.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:18 PM
Warhawk
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Iíve got both, the tier 3 is comparable with the Ruger BX trigger. The tier 2 is better in every way but the biggest improvement is the flat aluminum trigger on the tier 2. I have never tried a tier 1 but I canít imagine much improvement over the tier 2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2020, 04:49 PM
rodent shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Brimstone

I have both the BX tier 2 and the tier 3. Both are really nice , the tier 2 is compliment to my Ruger Custom Shop Competition Rifle and adds accuracy to an excellent rifle.I chose the "sweet spot" option on the tier 3 giving it a slight takeup before a clean crisp 2 lb.6 oz. break in my 10/22 sporter for field use. Both options will make you happy but I would base my decision on what you intend to use it for. The stock BX is a crap shoot on quality and I haven't used a BX that even comes close to a Brimstone.

Be patient as they are back logged from the Chinavirus but well worth the wait.
Old 08-08-2020, 05:22 PM
Racer X

TPC Rating: 
97% (31)
Washington State is still in Phase 2 FYI. Western WA was hit pretty hard.
Old 08-08-2020, 05:28 PM
FlysAlot

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I've got a BX, a Thompson Center TC/R, a Tier 1, 2, & 3 trigger from Brimstone. Love them all. Brimstone is really good about their wait times, and they are worth the wait!
Old 08-08-2020, 05:59 PM
mugup52

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Brimstone

For my recreational paper shooting, the Tier 2 has worked well. I have four 10-22s and each wears a Tier 2. Very happy.
Old 08-08-2020, 06:07 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
The Brimstone tier 3 will be an improvement over the BX trigger. They can also get it down to 2#'s which is lighter than any BX. I agree with one of the above posts that recommends the Kidd Kit instead given the price after shipping both ways on the Brimstone. You could also send your BX to Brimstone and have a pretty good trigger when you get it back with an aluminum trigger blade and auto bolt release.
Old 08-08-2020, 06:21 PM
oldshot50

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
For the money difference, which is minimal, I would buy the KIDD drop in kit. Tony Kidd does a very good video on their site that will guide your installation. Even I was able to do it. You will never look back.
Old 08-08-2020, 07:18 PM
whammm

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Appreciate all of your answers based on your experience. Although I have a BX and the original trigger, it seems like there are more options for upgrades than I knew.

Great forum for it's helpfulness with information.
Old 08-08-2020, 08:40 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Ttier 2 is nice, and on a bx nicer. Tier 3 you can do yourself. Just watch their vids.
Old 08-08-2020, 09:57 PM
Radman1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
I’ve got both, the tier 3 is comparable with the Ruger BX trigger. The tier 2 is better in every way but the biggest improvement is the flat aluminum trigger on the tier 2. I have never tried a tier 1 but I can’t imagine much improvement over the tier 2.
From what I am told Brimstone tier 3 is much better than the BX.
Old 08-08-2020, 10:05 PM
Radman1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If you send to Brimstone prepare for a long wait, i did not research current turnaround times very well before sending my trigger in. I am working on 3 weeks without a peep from them, got a reply back yesterday and was told they are gonna try and do it this week. My build has been getting cobwebs on it. I am at a stand still and have had to change plans because I stupidly didn't check current turnaround. They are either real busy or a one man show. I am told I will not be disappointed with results though.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:52 AM
whammm

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radman1 View Post
From what I am told Brimstone tier 3 is much better than the BX.
Answer from Brimstone: you still have to let go of the trigger to rest, the tier 2 just takes some of that trigger over travel out so the reset is quicker. I would do either a tier 2 or bx. They get the same modifications, but the BX finishes slightly lower in weight than the tier 2.
Old 08-09-2020, 04:11 AM
whammm

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
Ttier 2 is nice, and on a bx nicer. Tier 3 you can do yourself. Just watch their vids.
My approach might be "Tier 3 you can do yourself" AND the 10/22 Trigger job kit from Kidd for $105. I might do this more for the I want to learn and be able to take the trigger apart than trying to out do Brimstone Tier 1.

Sounds like Brimstone does great work and if your situation allows them to do the work, you won't be disappointed. Still tempted to have them do my factory trigger and now at tier 1 for $120 plus the $10 shipping. They would be better than my own work without the FUS (fear, uncertainty, sweat).

Any other comments about Brimstone's tier 1 - 3 from experience is still appreciated. With a BX trigger currently installed, I would have time for their turnaround.