Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-22-2020, 03:18 PM
timberbeast
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (43)

If he's shipping USPS and fully insured, that's not an unfair amount for shipping, especially if the seller is buying an outer box for the rifle. I have to drive 90+ miles to ship via UPS or FedEx, and often pay north of $50 to ship a rifle priority mail.

Nick 7274 has it nailed. The starting bid price of $700 is the problem. If the seller would so with a penny auction and no reserve, I bet it would go for at least $700.
Old 06-22-2020, 03:32 PM
OldCZFan
US Navy Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (21)
CZ452 FS

I think timberbeast is correct when he stated that the shipping figure is not unreasonable. I, like timberbeast, have to drive for almost an hour to a UPS facility that will accept a firearm. That has to be factored into the cost, at least for my situation. For that reason, I more often use USPS 2nd day priority mail for firearms.

Maybe if the seller had started at $600 or so, it would move.

Last edited by OldCZFan; 06-22-2020 at 03:42 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-22-2020, 06:22 PM
PABear
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The seller is in Great Falls MT. I'm there often, no long drive anywhere to send. I was to be in GF today, and would have looked at it; but bad knee kept me boating/fishing in the east.

even if the seller is in remote wilderness, that is a seller problem,,,,not a buyer problem. He has to be competitive...you live remote you sell for going price and get less profit because of your choice of operation.

He could sell it without the low end scope and the double ugly high mount.

Starting it a $400 would help. with gun broker's 15 minute rule, I'd expect all serious bidding to be at the very end.

The bidders have already spoken on this one. He relisted identical! we will see.

Last edited by PABear; 06-22-2020 at 06:25 PM.