Covid-19 Quarantine - How is it affecting your range and shooting time? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-23-2020, 08:29 PM
KilgoreTrout

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atonic View Post
Ranges are open at my club. All organized activities are cancelled. Clubhouse building is closed.
This is exactly what mine should have done.
Sure, cancel the bingo Saturday night. That makes sense.
But a well-spaced outdoor range that is never busy? Seems like overkill
Old 03-24-2020, 04:23 AM
Sagittarius

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My range is closed to all events like mentioned above but available for individual members.
There are two ranges on the property, one for rifles and one for handguns.
If one is too crowded or several people arrive, I will go to the other.
If they are both crowded, I will go home.
Usually there is no one there during weekdays but with everyone laid off because of the virus, I suppose all bets are off.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:44 AM
Discontinued
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Pretty much everything is closed down on this side of the pond.

Although the last communique from NRA Bisley said they will endeavour to stay open.

The firing points are easily wide enough apart to facilitate social distancing.

I built an air gun back stop, I can at least do some 10 meter practice. In my flat.

Im very lucky for a Britisher, I have access to my cousin's land with a 300 yard private range. So hopefully I can get some range time this summer.

It's just getting there that could be a tad difficult if there is a lock down.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:17 AM
Olbiker

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a two hundred yard range out my back door.I am shooting more than I normally would be because I have not been going fishing.OB
Old 03-25-2020, 12:45 PM
Mike09
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Earlier this week our club closed everything down; indoor range, out door range, trap and skeet fields; everything. Although it would seem the outdoor ranges pose less risk the reason to close them was because we have no actual cleaning or maintenance people to keep wiping down the benches and other things that might be handled or touched. So for now I'll have to make do with a pellet rifle and BB pistol in the back yard and reload shotgun shells at night.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:57 PM
pblanc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The governor of my state issued a shelter in place order effective last night. As a result, my local rifle club's range is now closed, as are the public shooting ranges managed by the Indiana department of Natural Resources, and all indoor private ranges.

I do not live in an area where I can walk out my door and shoot, or do so after taking a short drive.

I won't be able to do more than dry fire practice for the next couple of weeks at least.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:40 PM
obx22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Dare Shooting Complex run by the Outer Banks Gun Club, a public, outdoor shooting range is closed until further notice due to the Corona Virus.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:41 PM
shooter1911

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am an older guy, and my wife has a compromised immune system, so we can't afford to get infected. The only shooting I'll be doing in the near future is if someone tries to take my supply of toilet paper.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:45 PM
clr8ter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
In an annoying twist, now that i have the time and weather, my shooting spot has been closed for shooting, because the landowner says there's a lot of people walking in the woods right now. Will be closed for the duration of our "new normal".
Old 03-26-2020, 07:02 PM
DavoM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
We have closed our three ranges and clubhouse. Because of the diversity of shoots (some static many moving) we cannot comply with social distancing. Abiding by the appropriate hygiene requirements is also difficult on a couple of our ranges.
These factors and the high proportion of older members made the decision an easy one.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:06 PM
drtom

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
NJ gov shut all ranges, private and commercial.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:38 PM
Hi-Wall

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I planned all through out my working life to retire to a place where I could build my own shooting ranges and I did it. 93 acres surrounded by hills. I have an 80 yard range in the back yard, that opens onto a 210 yard range across my field. Take a right turn and travel along the field road to a 200 yard .22 BPCR metallic silhouette range with rails at 50, 100, 150, and 200 yards. Instead of berms I place panels of 7 ga. steel on cut down power poles behind the rail road rails mounted upside down on shorter cut off power poles. The steel is painted white to offer a stark contrast to the black or orange painted silhouettes. I could not be happier with the out come. I have friends travel here to shoot. I hope our BPCR silhouette and Boy's Rifle Match are not impacted by C19 in mid May.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:48 PM
LatLongLost
US Navy Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Arizona
As far as I can tell the ten or so state-owned ranges in Arizona (AZ Game & Fish Department) are open. Shooters are having fun since the weather here is mild, the rife benches are six feet apart and most people are home.

My local range in SE Arizona was open today with some shooters coming to shoot from Tucson - 80 miles away.

Also lots of shooters are out in the vast desert around here setting up impromptu ranges for a couple of hours of target practice.

The coyotes do not know what to make of all this activity! 😜
Old 03-26-2020, 08:00 PM
C.C.
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Weather here is cold, snowy, and rainy, but being in one of the high at-risk categories, I won't get to the range till the weather warms a bit. That's if our Governor doesn't shut down all state facilities.
I am blessed. Both my wife and I am in the high-risk category, but our kids and granddaughter are ready and very willing to fetch us what we may need, which I am finding isn't much.
Old 03-27-2020, 05:24 AM
Wood_Chopper
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Range Time and Covid 19

All our state public ranges run by DNR and or USFS have been shut down temporarily. The local club I attend has modified its shoots somewhat to allow "social distancing" ie: every other bench is used at the rifle range and matches are limited to the number of people that attend by preregistration. Skeet, trap and sporting clays have now changed to once a week instead of 3 times per week with dedicated trappers being used instead of passing the score sheet around to each shooter. Same with pistol and rifle matches - only one person is a score keeper or a target setter. April club meeting has been canceled and at risk or those who have encountered a person who has Covid 19 shooters are encouraged to stay at home. Disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer are placed on the ranges and everyone is encouraged to use them. Pretty much all common sense precautions have been implemented to protect the shooters but its still "shoot at your own risk".