Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-01-2019, 12:29 PM
raineydayfishing

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
10/22 BX Trigger (Hammer needed)

I need a new Hammer for a BX trigger because I took the sear down too far. Come to find out the ones they sell at Numrich look right at a glance they don't work in a BX Trigger, and having them side by side they are a little different.
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1467030
I'm guessing it is a drop-in for the older style pre-BX Trigger. The Triggers are different too...

Rugers webpage is no help and Rugershop.com is no help, so I figured I'd try here because I always get good results.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 12-01-2019, 01:04 PM
Toomany22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Dont know where you can buy one of those. You might watch this https://youtu.be/Zt6B4aS-iYQ , or replace the bx disconnector with a regular one so you can use the regular hammer, maybe?
Old 12-01-2019, 01:20 PM
WVdavidB

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Tactical Innovations sold triggers for them but I don't think hammers. Just know because I bought a trigger for a charger build years back. I know they had a note about the BX having a different trigger.

Might see what Volquartsen, Worthwein, Rimfire Sports, etc has available or take off.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2019, 03:10 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I would think you would have to send the entire trigger assembly back to Ruger for a repair, as I've not seen anything but the trigger blade available separately
Old 12-01-2019, 03:38 PM
NicholsT55
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Call Ruger and ask them. They may well send you the part(s) for free.

Telephone: 336-949-5200 / Fax: 603-863-6165

(Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm ET)
Old 12-01-2019, 08:22 PM
Tom_in_MO
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
If Ruger can't help you, consider buying the JWH target hammer kit, which I suspect will be on sale for $20 for Christmas. Along with that, get a disconnector from Numrich. I'm hoping the BX and regular sears are the same. If not, you would need to buy a regular sear from Numrich or someone else, and perhaps a different trigger blade. Pretty much changing your BX into a much-improved stock trigger via the JWH kit. Not ideal of course, but better than having a useless TG.

I suspect that one reason the BXes are better than the stock ones is that the work has already been done to improve the ledge on the hammer. Doing any more to it is what got you into trouble. Lesson learned.

I did a little work on the ledge on my stock non-BX hammer, and with other mods got it down to about 3.0# IIRC. Then gave it a Brimstone Tier 2 kit to get it a little lighter and smoother, consistently under 2.5#. Better than a stock BX trigger. I'm thinking that the JWH kit + the Brimstone kit would give you something very much like the Brimstone BX, or possibly better. Worth a try.

Also chuck all your pins in a drill and polish 'em up with very fine wet/dry sandpaper; 400, 1000, then 1500 grit, for example. And polish every place two parts rub against each other. The little details matter.

If you want what might be a much better trigger and one-stop shopping, consider the Kidd "Trigger Job" kit. I have never experienced one myself. It may be better than a Brimstone Tier 2 or Brimstone BX, but again I don't know.

Last edited by Tom_in_MO; 12-01-2019 at 09:18 PM.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:50 PM
nivrat75

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Highly recommend the Kidd Trigger Kit!!!!
Old 12-07-2019, 12:22 AM
raineydayfishing

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for your help I'll contact Ruger. The BX trigger is easily modified down to 2lbs with only two modifications. First cut two coils off the spring that pushes plunger (trigger plunger spring). If you take off too much the trigger won't properly reset (so just stretch out the spring a touch if you do). Then take down the sear off the hammer only. I use sharpening stones. I had this one down to about 1.75lbs before it wouldn't function properly, lesson learned.
Old 12-07-2019, 08:39 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raineydayfishing View Post
Thanks for your help I'll contact Ruger. The BX trigger is easily modified down to 2lbs with only two modifications. First cut two coils off the spring that pushes plunger (trigger plunger spring). If you take off too much the trigger won't properly reset (so just stretch out the spring a touch if you do). Then take down the sear off the hammer only. I use sharpening stones. I had this one down to about 1.75lbs before it wouldn't function properly, lesson learned.
the last couple of BX's that I got from grabagun were near 2lbs out of the box
Old 12-07-2019, 06:13 PM
Tom_in_MO
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raineydayfishing View Post
My Brimstoned BX is down to 1.25 - 1.50# by polishing everything and replacing the sear/disconnector spring with a lighter Wolff one. Didn't take any metal off anything, just polished. If I'm willing to go to a manual (trigger finger) reset, I can get the pull weight down to .75#.

Last edited by Tom_in_MO; 12-07-2019 at 06:15 PM.