Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

My pictures went away on Hunt101

3K views 25 replies 5 participants last post by  Les Brooks 
#1 ·
I am not active and now that all the project pictures are gone most articles I wrote about are useless. I have all the pictures in the PC and if you would like to view the project for helping your project let me know. A DVD with over 2.25 Gbs is available. Send me a PM and will try to help you.

Les Brooks , retired gunsmith

#3 ·
Les Brooks is a Retired Gunsmith of the old school. When I went to Gunsmith school in the early 80's his work is one the works we studied His custom gun work is incredible. His stock work is out of this world. He did a lot of work with small Martini's.

I don't know if he was a Guild Member but he proceeded the Guild, and his work in the 70's and 80's was renowned.

He is a true artist.

#6 ·
The older I get the less I can remember all the conversions on the Martini's which I made over from the '61' to '90's. The Hunt101 site that closed down has all of the pictures of my work. I wish someone could buy the site and get it up and running again. I have all of the articles in the PC and if you send me an email address I will send pictures of the Martini info that I have on the conversions. My last personnel Martini is a 20 cal. made on the shortened .223 case. It was completed in 2007 and I still need to work up the reloading as it is a reduced load for easy extraction. I don't recommend a full blown 204 Rug. as the pressure is too high up around 60,000 lbs. I am hoping for about 3500 fps with a 32 gr bullet.

Les

#7 ·
Recall the fiasco of Photobucket a few years ago. They had a free photo hosting site and we used it for "third party imaging" where the photo link could be shared on any forum or board.
Well, later they wanted $400 a year for continuing that "privilege" and people moved over to other sites. That was billions of photos.

#8 ·
Les weren't you at one time selling a DVD of your articles and pictures? I think you sent me. Somewhere still packed in a box from the move, if you did.

I go more inspiration from reading Les Brooks and Frank deHaas...although they are two distinctly different type gunsmiths.

#10 ·
I sent a copy to DoubleD a few yrs ago. The DVD has over 2.25 Gb's of info and included a couple of videos of my working projects. It took quit a lot of time to put this all together from my pictures saved from over 50 yrs ago. I have added more articles as I have tried to get this info out before it is too late. I am in my mid 80's and when the Hunt101 site went down with my pictures used in most of my articles. The good thing about all this info is I still have all articles in my PC.

#15 · (Edited)
I have Les' DVD. I am awaiting instruction for Les on how he wants me to share this.

The DVD he sent me has far more than the DVD I already have some where. Lots of pictures from old chemical photo's to various evolution of digital photo's. A bunch of article written over the years.

The DVD arrives as I am deep into doing my taxes, grrr. so don't expect anything quick. Grrr. I can't even have a wee dram to settle my nerves as I still taking meds for my back surgery. Grrrrrr.

Here is a teaser.

Les Brooks 20 cal

#20 ·
Info pm me again

If some of you have sent a PM I don't see it in my PM acct. Please try again and I will try to answer you.

I will make up a new DVD with all the new added articles. It costs about $10 to make one DVD and I would like to make a little to cover the ink and shipping. I will not ship out of the US. These projects were written so a beginner can understand how some conversions to make a sporting rifle. I don't have any written articles on the AR15 rifles. My stuff covers hunting rifles from my experience in the shop.

Les Brooks

#24 ·
problems with the email Outlook acct.

If any of you have tried to reach me on email I have found that the acct. has failed. Looking on the internet several people are having problems with the OUTLOOK HOTMAIL. THE ACCOUNT WANTS ACCESS TO ALL OF MY FILES, PICTURES, CONTACTS, AND OTHER THINGS. It must be a real problem as I will look for another carrier of email acct.

I hope that this PM acct. doesn't have problems.

Trying to get this solved soon

Les Brooks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.