Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-17-2018, 07:47 PM
JTJ
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Do they return to the same sight setting after the barrel is removed and reattached? I know they will with the sights on the barrel but what about a receiver mounted scope or peep?
Old 03-17-2018, 08:59 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
Do they return to the same sight setting after the barrel is removed and reattached? I know they will with the sights on the barrel but what about a receiver mounted scope or peep?
Thatís been my experience with mine. But two caveats. 1) I have the barrel tension ring very tight. 2). Iíve only used it out to 25 yds with a UTG Bugbuster scope.

jam
Old 03-18-2018, 09:48 PM
ElrodCod
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I keep mine a couple of clicks tighter than what the owner's manual says & don't have any issues with POI changes. It shoots where I aim it.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:32 PM
bluzman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam_ppp View Post
Thatís been my experience with mine. But two caveats. 1) I have the barrel tension ring very tight. 2). Iíve only used it out to 25 yds with a UTG Bugbuster scope.

jam
That's my configuration and result also.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:31 AM
mauiblue

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought my stainless TD when Ruger first came out with them. I set Tech Sight BUIS and an Aimpoint H-1 RDS. After thousands of rounds through it and disassembly and assembly of the barrel I've not experienced any drift of POI. The Ruger TD is a fabulous spin on a classic 22lr rifle.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:22 AM
IanD

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Same here - keep that ring tight and you can go from there - mine has a Dlask bolt, BX trigger with Kidd auto release and a 2-7x Leupold. Works like a charm - 100 percent reliable and good accuracy
Old 04-03-2018, 07:08 AM
86250rrippin

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
I put an exact edge extractor(needed it),nodak peep sights , removed barrel band,and relieved forend for float. Accuracy is the same as any other 10/22 ,and its pretty handy.
Old 07-02-2018, 03:07 AM
rjf415

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a TD, no issues, accurate, reliable, good rifle...
Old 07-05-2018, 11:37 AM
lostinthewoods

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I took my 16yo daughter to the range yesterday. This is the first time she has shown any interest in shooting and she loved it. I have a new shooting buddy.

Below is a pic of the rifle and her last group of the day. It's 10 rounds at 50 yards with CCI SV. The target is a 6" Shoot-N-C. The 10 ring is 1.5". This is from a brand new shooter. I can consistently shoot under 1" with the same rifle/ammo. TD's are more than accurate for their intended purpose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 07-05-2018, 02:29 PM
elkkiller

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I sit on the poo poo side mine jammed a lot, got rid of it and built a non take down model that will run 110 rd mag dumps with no problems.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:18 PM
LateStart

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have had my share of frustrations with my TD Lite. Tried all kinds of upgrades, most having no effect, some detrimental. So I went backwards, and decided to just accept it for what is was. Now the only mods are a BX trigger, spring, and a plastic bolt stop. Reciever and barrel bolts at 15 lbs (factory spec) and the takedown bolt just a couple clicks tighter than instructions. Then I swapped out my scope with a cheep red dot, loaded some CCI Standard, lightly rested on some front bags and decided to see what would happen. After a few adjustments I placed what is likely the best five shot group I have ever done with this rifle at 50 yds (see below). Go figure. Now don’t ask me to do that again with a red dot. My old eyes were working better than usual that day. But, still getting good results.

Will take some time at the range again sometime to try to replicate things. But I am sorry to report to this forum that my CZ 455 Trainer (no mods) gets most of my time these days. I’m going old school with the wood stock and bolt action.

After all my tinkering with the 10/22, which I did enjoy, I have finally come to realize that I am hands down the weakest link in the accuracy equation. Yeah, you old timers been telling us all that for a while. It just takes some of us awhile to get through the denial stage 😀
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0DE661B8-FDED-435B-AC4D-EA830CCE6A56_1530834430453.jpg (285.5 KB, 41 views)
Old 07-05-2018, 11:51 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
What is the point of this gun? How many that buy it actually take it apart for whatever reason. I understand if you buy one and do such. I don't if you just leave it together all the time. Always looked like a gimmick to me, but I'm not a prepper so I've got no use.
Old 07-06-2018, 03:51 AM
coloradokid

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Really love the transportation aspect of the take down. Using the backpack to travel and hunt small game, prairie dogs and target practice. May not have bench rest accuracy, but will take prairie dogs out to 200 yards. Plus 1/2" groups at 30 yards.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:19 PM
Fredvon4
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
IMO a good reliable take down is a good idea in a Gotta get Home --Car/ truck survival bag

My scenario as I live rural in the middle of Texas but have to (less frequently now) got to Houston or San Antonio.....is getting caught in a natural disaster or bad social unrest....caught in traffic and no gas to be had...or riots all around

Years ago we went down to Houston to support Katrina disaster....before it hit hard.... took longer than planned in the area....became part of the evacuation....every roadway clogged and not moving...we did NOT have a Get Home Bag...now we do
Old 07-06-2018, 03:28 PM
rjf415

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
here is the best part of the Ruger Take-Down model...if you don't want one don't buy it...and if you want the option of easy storage and transportation then get one, actually the TD is somewhat easier to clean....