Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

looks like hi-standard mag

2K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  seve 
#1 ·
Hello all, I was digging through a box of gun stuff and came across some Hi-Stadard mags. of the 4 one looks like a HS but has slight differences.

It looks slightly shorter, about one round. It does not have perfectly flat sides. You can't see any spring when you look in the loading button slot.

It will go in my HS SK but wont click in and sits to low for the slide to pick up a round. It has no markings on it at all. I will try to put up a picture but if anyone has any ideas what it might be for I can look up pictures on line.

Thanks Seve

#5 ·
I looked at many pictures of colt mags as my dad had a couple. most colt mags I saw you could see through. this one you can't. It will go into my HS sport king but it is slightly shorter and wont lock in. Have you ever seen a follower like that?

#7 ·
Hello all, I was digging through a box of gun stuff and came across some Hi-Stadard mags. of the 4 one looks like a HS but has slight differences.

It looks slightly shorter, about one round. It does not have perfectly flat sides. You can't see any spring when you look in the loading button slot.

It will go in my HS SK but wont click in and sits to low for the slide to pick up a round. It has no markings on it at all. I will try to put up a picture but if anyone has any ideas what it might be for I can look up pictures on line.

Thanks Seve
It looks like the magazine that came with my used S&W Model 41.

#13 · (Edited)
Thornwood that is the first follower that looks alike but the overall angle is much different. Something elts that is hard to match is the angle on the front of the bottom plate. All HS's have a square finish but the mag in question has an angle equal to the slant, hard to see in the pics I will try to put up a better one. Almost sure it is not a woodsman.

#14 ·
I'll post a last comment here. I have over 100 High Standard pistols, none of which have a magazine follower like the one shown in the picture. I'll follow the thread because I want to know what it actually is. Maybe this should be posted on the Colt forum too. Someone there should be able to confirm or eliminate it as a Colt mag.

#18 ·
Woodsman?

If the photos turned out to be mirror images of the actual mag-thus placing the follower button on the left side-then an argument might be made that it's for either a second or third series Woodsman. In that case it would have to be an aftermarket mag as Colt never used a cross-thatched follower button on Woodsmans, nor did it ever place the button removal cutout at the top of the slot.

As others have noted, it is neither for any High Standard nor first series Woodsman.

I hope someone solves this!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.