Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-20-2005, 05:15 PM
PackN

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up What's Next

Have a SW Model 41 that I love but looking for another .22!! What is out there that will give me the same accuracy and quality of my 41?? Truthfully the 41 with the HB is fatiguing me with it's weight! Anyone with a cutdown 7" incher?? High Standard,Trailside,Benelli,Pardini???? Thanks for all advice fellows!!

PackN

Last edited by PackN; 07-20-2005 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:52 PM
Bohunk
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I also shot a 41 S&W for years (and a Trailside comp model, and a Ruger Slabside). My personal best, in NRA bullseye, with each of these guns was the same...849. Then I got my Benelli MP 95 and the first match with it I shot an 861. I purchased it from Larry Carter and also bought a set of Nill grips for it at the same time. I think if you try one you'll like it.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:39 AM
Jonas Hart

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackN
Have a SW Model 41 that I love but looking for another .22!! What is out there that will give me the same accuracy and quality of my 41?? Truthfully the 41 with the HB is fatiguing me with it's weight! Anyone with a cutdown 7" incher?? High Standard,Trailside,Benelli,Pardini???? Thanks for all advice fellows!!

PackN
Trailside! And its going to cost alot less than a M-41 (2/3-1/2 price, depending).

6", adjustable sights, added 95gr weight. Very niiiiiice. Havent useg the ergo grips yet, but I'm sure they'd add some stability.

Very simple disassembly/cleaning. Great feel. Great accuracy.

Do it, do it!!

cheers

jonas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2005, 09:26 PM
wayne38

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Next Pistol

PackN,
I don't know exactly how to help you but I understand where you are coming from. With the exception of the Pardini (looking for one) and the Trailside (don't want one) I have most of the pistols that you are considering. If you have never tried an olympic style pistol, I think that Bohunk was right in that the Benelli MP95E is an excellent place to start. The balance is different from most pistols that you have shot with the magazine out in front of the trigger guard and the flat sight line. There are a number of olympic pistols similar (Walther GSP's, Hammerli 280's, Sako Triace) to the Benelli but in my opinion you get more for your money with the MP95E.
If you are looking to duplicate the Model 41 experience, I would suggest that you look at the Colt Woodsman Match Target, a Hamden or Hartford High Standard Victor or a Browning Medalist. These are all quality target pistols and are very accurate weapons.
Kind of like you I started out acquiring .22LR target pistols, branched out into .22 automatics in general and about 10 years ago got into revolvers. Those are fun in a different sort of way. I cannot hit anthing shooting DA but in the single action mode I do very well. Here you might look at the Ruger Single Six, a Colt Trooper Mk III, a Colt Diamondback, a Colt Officers Model Match, a S&W K-22 or the S&W model 617 in 6" barrels. If I can answer an questions in you search just ask.

Wayne38
Old 07-26-2005, 04:58 PM
1911nut
US Army

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
How about a Marvel Unit 1 -

These are so accurate they deserve a high quality 1911 frame. A good 1911 smith can get you a light crisp trigger.

I built up a Caspian frame for mine - it shoots tighter groups than my 41 and since I'm partial to 1911's I like the feel.

The downside is the whole package will be a bit pricey unless you already have a 1911 sittin' around.

I've got $1200 in mine but that includes the Ultra Dot sight.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:33 PM
HubMonkey

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What about a Beretta Model 87? Nice shooting Target pistol. A friend of mine just picked one up and it is a real shooter. Take a look at em...

Hub
Old 07-26-2005, 10:21 PM
CraigJS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Benelli MP95E, Nills, 30mm Ultra Dot, Trigger tweek by Larry's. I added 20 points to my previous best with my IZH35M switching to the 95E. Very low bore line, very little muzzle rise, sweet trigger. If you can, be sure to try one out. You won't be disapointed..
CraigJS
Old 07-31-2005, 05:14 PM
PackN

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up Benelli MP-95E

Now that the major consensus is the Benelli,which I had the opportunity to get on auction a few days ago but was up the mountain without a signal,if someone hears of one Please let me know!! I have a business and have NEVER bought anything retail so a good used one is what I am after!!

Thanks in Advance,
PackN
Old 07-31-2005, 06:10 PM
Tacoma
US Navy

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
See Wayne38's post on bullseye pistols from a few days ago. Larry has a used one listed right now. Other links there should help you as well.