Cooey model 82, WWII trainer. - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:14 PM
mikeystew
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Cooey model 82, WWII trainer.

So i may have found an interesting rifle, it's a Cooey model 82 in full wood, C broadarrow marked with numbers engraved under the pistol grip, in 85-90% original condition, with obvious history in the wood. Never re-finished.

Can anyone give me a brief history lesson on these guns? How do they shoot compared to a 75? this one has the rear ladder sight, and the seller is including a peep sight also which is still packed in grease from the cooey factory closing sale. He says the gun is solid, bands are tight, wood fit is tight, functions great, great bore and nice buttplate, ...sounds pretty good.

Im thinking it might be one to grab asap before someone else does. does anyone have an idea what it might be worth? Im assuming since it's a cooey it's only worth what someone is willing to pay, but what might that be? Stab in the dark... im curious to see just how good of a deal im getting, because it seems pretty good to me.

I'll try to post some pics he sent me later on today.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:34 PM
MK111
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Probaly a Canadian Trainer. I see no Cooey 82's going to Britian during WW11. According to British Small Arms of World War 2 by Ian Skennerton.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:54 PM
mikeystew
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It was a Canadian military trainer during WWII and they were made by cooey in Coburg Ontario. It looks somewhat like a lee Enfield.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2011, 04:52 PM
breakeyp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have several Commerical Cooeys that were bought from the trade in Englands at the start of the war. I have a few M82 Cooeys that went to England and were rebuilt and so marked in 1948 rebuild program. So there is no question in my mind that Britain did obtain M92's from England
Old 08-04-2011, 11:35 PM
1FSHNDAD

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
From my knowledge the model 75, 78 and 82 all were based on the same action, just different sight and stock configs. These are usually pretty popular up here and I have seen them go over 300 for a good example. I found one on a site for that price and can give the info if you want to PM me. It's a piece of history anyways and they are very accurate rifles.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:44 PM
blkbird513
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mikey:
Search "Other rimfire" and "Open Rimfire" below for Cooey 82. There were several previous threads on this model. A picture of one in the post directly above this one ('Mostly Military'). Also, Gunboards had a long thread on the same which iincluded mounting a scope with no modifications to the rifle. I have one also with only Canadian Broad Arrow over 67 in a small cartouche behind the rear sight and Ser. No. A58xx on the bottom of the pistol grip. Fun little rifle to shoot and accurate.

JOHNC
Old 08-06-2011, 12:54 PM
blkbird513
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mikey:
Here's one for auction...watch it's progress to see what today's market price is. Don't forget that there's shipping and transfer in this transaction.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=245134947

JOHNC
Old 08-06-2011, 09:43 PM
AlanD

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
At least one ended up in the hands of the Royal Navy.

http://collections.nmm.ac.uk/collect...ects/2556.html

Regards

AlanD
Sydney
Old 08-13-2011, 12:03 PM
Timberlord

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
They were used as Canadian cadet trainers but were also sold to the public
Walnut , 2 piece stocks
Mine is such a rifle without the C arrow stamps.
Quite accurate .
Peep or ramp sights
A welcomed addition to my milsurp and rimfire collection

Last edited by Timberlord; 08-13-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:39 PM
A square 10
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
dittos - they were candaian trainers , they are legit and actually mine is a dead accurate shooter , also mine is C-arrow marked ,