Any Brits out there ? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Thomasm
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Send a message via MSN to Thomasm
Any Brits out there ?

I need a magazine for a B.S.A. sportsman 5. Any of you across the pond know of a source ?
Old 11-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Ginger
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi Thomasm,

I am happy to look for you and if you cannot find someone to ship to the US let me know and we can arrange something.

From research it's a 5rd magazine, but I am not sure if it's a tubalar one or not. I have found this one at Hoosiers (Pic of Mag)

They are after $50 for it and it ships from Kentucky if thats any help.

G.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Dave 101

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi Thomas .

Try posting in the Martini forum , thats where the BSA guys hang out . Try contacting mjohno on here sure he will be able to help you .
Have a look at this site there might be some info that may help you .
www.rifleman.org.uk

Dave

Last edited by Dave 101; 11-07-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Thomasm

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
Hi Thomasm,

I am happy to look for you and if you cannot find someone to ship to the US let me know and we can arrange something.

From research it's a 5rd magazine, but I am not sure if it's a tubalar one or not. I have found this one at Hoosiers (Pic of Mag)

G.
If you see any at a reasonable price Ginger, let me know. $50 is almost the worth of the rifle. And thanks Dave, I'll try there.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:14 PM
breakeyp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You might google rifle magazines South Africa. I don't have the address but a few years ago there was a firm in S.A. making all sorts of desireable .22 rifle mags including the one for the Walther .22 autoloader.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Thomasm

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
Hi Thomasm,

G.
I called Hoosiers, they list it but they don't have one. If by chance you find one, I'd surley like to here about it, I don't know how I would get it here but there's got to be a way. It is a 5 round box magazine.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Gamekeeper

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
They are hard to find over here, I've known guys that have searched for years. Sometimes it's worth buying a beater just for the mag.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Thomasm

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
That's what I bought, a beater.Someone has installed a piece of wood into the magazine well, it is grooved to make it a single shot adapter and works well. A very professional piece of workmanship I might add. I just came back from the range, shot the B.S.A. and I'm impressed. I used some Remington thunderbolts that have been on my truck dashboard for a year. The first two shots touched, the third and inch to the left (because that's where I put it). Next three, one inch left of center all touching 3/8 " last three in the black(I held right)1/2 " with two touching. I might not want to change anything on this old girl.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:10 PM
mgb8345
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (57)
Send a message via Yahoo to mgb8345
Thomasm - I am hesitant to share this information in the event something bad might result. Please consider what I am sharing with you and proceed with safety in mind. OK, that being said, I have two BSA Supersport Five rifles of my own. Very under rated rifles in my mind. Both of my rifles are accurate and function quite smoothly. I consider them favorably in the same class with my Remington 581s. To get to the point. One afternoon I was pondering what magazine might be a substitute for the Supersport Five magazine. I looked at different Winchester, Remington and Mossberg magazines that appeared to be close to the BSA. I tried a Remington five shot magazine from a 511 model and I gently inserted into the BSA magazine well. It was a tight but not uncomfortable fit and appeared to have the right clearance and fit to work. Removed the magazine and placed five snapcaps into it. Reinserted into the BSA and proceeded to load, chamber and eject all five rounds smoothly. Bear in mind this is a press fit only. No catches of any sort in the magazine well. I have used the Remington 511 magazine several times at the range with no malfunctions. I am unable to take and post any pictures tpday, but if you are interested, send me a PM and I will try to get it done for you. Bob
Old 11-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Thomasm

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
That's very interesting MGB but you know that the B.S.A. supersport has an entirely different Magazine than the sportsman 5. The magazine catch on the sportsman 5 is on the magazine itself rather than in the mag well, like the old Marlin 80's (that may be something to look at too). but after shooting this little jewell, I may just use it as it is. Thank you very much for your interesting advice, don't worry about the saftey issue, I'm a cautious guy and will go forward on this carefully. I'm going to try a Marlin 80 or 25 mag and see what could be done there. I'll report my findings.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:27 AM
Gamekeeper

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just Googled T.W. Chambers & Co. They have second hand magazines for the BSA sportsman.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:39 AM
Thomasm

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Wow ! now how do I get them ?
Old 11-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Gamekeeper

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I don't know if they ship to the USA but here is their email address.

mailto:[email protected]
Old 11-13-2010, 01:34 PM
boff180

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Can recommend chambers, used them a few times.

www.gunspares.co.uk

Here is their information on international deliveries....

Quote:
Non UK Customers

All goods are sent First Class Airmail at the buyers risk. The maximum weight of package is 2Kg.

If you require an insured service please select either,

a) International Signed For that gives cover to 500. ( Can not be tracked once left UK)

b) Airsure that gives cover to 500. ( Can be tracked online to destination)

Please Note AIRSURE can ONLY be used to the following countries,

Andorra, Austria, Azores, Balearic Islands, Belgium, Canary Islands, Corsica, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Madeira, Monaco, Netherlands, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Slovak Republic, Spain, Spitzbergen, Sweden, Switzerland, USA, Singapore, New Zealand.

Export permits

We will obtain export permits (subject to administration costs) in order to comply with UK export legislation. It is however the buyer's responsibility to ensure that any items ordered are not subject to either Import restriction or prohibition in their own jurisdiction. We cannot accept any responsibility for items confiscated or detained by overseas customs services regardless of insurance.

SILENCERS WILL NOT be shipped to USA or Canada.
Andy
Old 11-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Thomasm

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
I will pursue this avenue. thankyou very much.