Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:24 PM
breakeyp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Question on Sig 522 extra parts

I have been through the manual several times and can find no information on the extras included in my Sig 522 packaging.

I understand and figured out the butt plate extension but have no idea what the purpose of or use for the two plastic 1x2 inch fittings included in the package with the buttstock extension. Help!

Is it normal to have side wiggle of the butt area vs. the front of the rifle. All three I looked at in the store all had side play? Thanks.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:18 AM
LDBennett
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The extra pieces can be installed in the stock to limit the adjustment for stock length. Instead of all possible positions, replacement of the device with the pieces limits it to a couple.

Yes, the stock is a bit loose. I shimmed mine both it the sliding area (I leave mine fully extended all the time) and in the hinge area. I put those little felt disks with stickum on the back (used to put on furniture accessories to keep them from scratching the furniture finish) in those two areas to take up the slop. It would have been better if the stock was tighter but the rest of the gun is so good I'll not complain.

LDBennett
Old 03-16-2010, 06:59 PM
breakeyp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thank you for the help. I didn't want to get too ham fisted taking things apart to compare parts. The felt is a great idea. best, p.