Wrangler accuracy ??? - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-21-2021, 12:37 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ammo preference

I always notice we say find the ammo your rifle likes. So with that in mind, can better accuracy for our Wranglers be had as with our rifles if we find the ammo it likes ?
Old 11-21-2021, 05:13 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
I didn't buy my Wrangler with any expectations of great accuracy. Tin can at 7-10 yards is all I need out of it. It's more a toy than a gun IMO. That said no matter how cheap a gun is it should still undergo QC and be rejected if it's not up to the standards it should be.
Old 11-22-2021, 02:43 AM
Ishootforblood
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You're right, professional gun writers are disingenuous and lacking credibility. I think it was the smoke screen they threw up; talking about how the manufacturing cost was kept down, but the internal parts were the same parts used in the single six, blaaa blaaa blaaa. The gun rags are complicit in the rip-off.
Old 11-23-2021, 09:49 PM
jrinfoley

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimfirerobbo View Post
I'm happy with it for what it is.... a $200 rootin tootin cowboy 6 shooter !

I had some odd box target ammo and heres how mine shoots at 10yds, one handed with the crown gnawed on by who knows what.
Which leads me to question, how much worse can a crown get before it shoots really bad ?

I've since sent back in to have the crown fixed. I want to see how its affected.
Good luck. I sent mine in for keyhole impacts and they sent me a new revolver.
- George Washington
Old 11-29-2021, 09:49 PM
rimfirerobbo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrinfoley View Post
Good luck. I sent mine in for keyhole impacts and they sent me a new revolver.
Ruger gunsmith called me, said he put a crown on it, test fired, cleaned and is on its way back. Will compare to how it shoots with the new crown compared to my previous targets.

Any idea on what was causing yours to keyhole ?
Old 12-01-2021, 09:36 PM
Newark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have one and for the last year I'm ot impressed with the accuracy at 21'. It's not the Ruger quality I'm used to having.
Old 12-11-2021, 02:40 PM
chicharrones
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimfirerobbo View Post
Ruger gunsmith called me, said he put a crown on it, test fired, cleaned and is on its way back. Will compare to how it shoots with the new crown compared to my previous targets.

Any idea on what was causing yours to keyhole ?

Can't wait to see the new crown and some new targets.
Old 12-11-2021, 02:42 PM
chicharrones

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newark View Post
I have one and for the last year I'm ot impressed with the accuracy at 21'. It's not the Ruger quality I'm used to having.

Since the Wrangler is a budget gun, it makes me think accuracy standards might be more in line with a Heritage than a Single Six?
Old 12-25-2021, 09:53 AM
Wheelgunner406

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
For a single action revolver that has no target sights, I was fine with the accuracy at 12'

Old 12-25-2021, 07:06 PM
cznut

TPC Rating: 
100% (123)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 223Larry View Post
Had one and sold it .only shot at ten yards very disappointed. CCI round nose was the only ammo that shot hafe way decent. Big let down.I really like the little guns handling. Too bad .

Same here......mine shot 15" high at 25 yards......accuracy was bad to....shame on Ruger for putting guns out like this, and they are getting worse all the time. Have a friend who has a Wrangler also, poor accuracy with keyholing to.
Old 12-26-2021, 08:01 PM
NDAR15MAN

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought a Heritage rough rider this week 148.00. Their is a YouTube video on drilling and tapping it for a Red Dot. Problem is darn guy does not reference the weaver number mount.
I am think it would be the same as for the Ruger wrangler Any one know the weaver mount a guy could use for a red Dior in these cheaper pistols ? Marty
Old 01-14-2022, 07:39 AM
TXNMAZ
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishootforblood View Post
My Wrangler has been to the range 4 times now, and I got down to serious business shooting twice after wondering what was wrong with is Wrangler? Basically, For bench shooting, I rest my wrists on sandbags while seated at my bench.
I have nothing good to report. The Wrangler scatters shots like a smooth bore .22.

Before coming here, I read accuracy reports written in the American Rifleman and Guns and Ammo. The Rifleman claims all groups were under 3" and Guns & Sandwitches claims 1.5-2.25" groups.

Does Ruger pay these liars directly, or is it a gentleman's agreement in consideration of advertising fees? Ruger certainly ripped off lots of people, and these gun rags helped sell the con. Most of us just eat it because it was only $200.00.
I don't trust any gun magazine that accepts advertising as they are obligated to "be kind" to the manufacturer who buys the ads. There are some gun writers I tend to trust more than others, but even their articles are edited by people at the magazine. The more the manufacturers pay the magazine, the kinder the reviews. Gun Tests is the one publication I trust more than all the others as they don't accept advertising and will call a "spade a spade", regardless of how famous the maker or how popular their image.
Old 01-14-2022, 03:52 PM
NDAR15MAN

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Gun test is the best magazine on the market today. Every one should subscribe to this magazine. MD
Old 01-14-2022, 11:45 PM
James Cottrell
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to James Cottrell
I have a bushnell and it will put you on paper right off. Saved me a few rounds every time.
Old 01-16-2022, 12:09 PM
chicharrones

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yep, Gun Tests will tell you straight up your choice in firearms sucks. Or not.