Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-28-2021, 07:25 AM
EricWR
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
SR22 Frame / Grip Fit Tolerance

The pictured pistol was a Christmas present. I'd been shooting my Mark IV's and RST's for almost two years and wanted to add a new dimension to my plinking fun. In short, I was not disappointed. After one short range trip, post cleaning pistol and mag of any trace of preservative/oil, the gun proved flawless on an assortment from CCI to various bulk rounds. And at under 10 yards I'm thrilled with the grouping. While shooting my very first mag, at about 8 yds or so, I rested my hands on the range bench. Not an "iron vice" but it grouped at 1.5".

But my gun appears a bit unique as I've not seen one with the same spacing between frame and slide. Was planning on calling Ruger to inquire about acceptable tolerances but thought I'd check here first. After all, I'm a bit late to the game when it comes to SR22's. If consensus was for me to enjoy my new straight shooting plinker then I would. Here are some picture:

Last edited by EricWR; 12-28-2021 at 07:32 AM.
Old 12-28-2021, 10:38 AM
mostly22lately
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mine looks just like that. Normal.
Old 12-28-2021, 10:52 AM
EricWR

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That's what I was hoping to hear. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2021, 11:19 AM
EricWR

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Update. I've since spoken to customer service. At their suggestion, I've emailed them all the pics so that they could forward to a SR22 technician for comment.
Old 12-28-2021, 05:57 PM
EricWR

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I received same day comments from Ruger technician, courtesy Ruger Customer Service. See below. Given the fact that this pistol has eaten anything I've fired in it and it groups tight at 10 yards, with no sight adjustment, I think I'll just leave well enough alone. In fact, I think I'll pack it tomorrow when I return to the range.

Sort of a sad testimony to production these days, but at least there's always Ruger Customer Service.

Thank you for contacting Ruger. I did send the pictures to the technician and they have responded with the following:

“I wouldn’t call it “normal” but it’s certainly something we see regularly. There is nothing to be concerned about regarding this issue.”

I hope this helps,

Best regards,
Andy at Ruger Firearms

Old 01-05-2022, 04:45 PM
dolphan4545
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Red face SR22 guide rod

After looking carefully at the photos, the gap is certainly excessive. It does look, however as though the gap in the front of the slide is greater than the gap in the rear. The pic of the muzzle suggests to me that the guide rod and spring are reversed in the socket just below the barrel. The front of the rod should fill the bottom hole in the slide. This will not affect the firing of the gun in any way but will make the assembly fit more loosely, as is clear in the photos. I have done this myself, with the exact same result. I will add a photo of my muzzle when I get home.
I'm kind of surprised that the technician didn't mention this, so perhaps I am wrong in some way, but you can compare photos and see what I mean.
Rick
Old 01-06-2022, 08:43 AM
EricWR

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thank you for the comments. But it is assembled correctly
Old 01-06-2022, 08:51 AM
Mike_AK
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Doesn't look right to me. Mine doesn't have that gap, and the slide looks different. My slide has a bevel on the bottom edge that fills the area that has a gap on yours.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 866E9F23-5C40-4288-B061-304AA1316C2F_1_201_a.jpg (550.0 KB, 1 views)
Old 01-06-2022, 11:32 AM
ingwe

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mine has a gap in the front, my Wife's does not. When I push down on the slide I can see the little latch in the trigger guard drop down, perhaps a build up on that latch would help but there ain't much there to work with.