RADA Knife sharpeners - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-28-2021, 10:48 PM
blademan
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
RADA Knife sharpeners

A friend gave me one of these sharpeners the other day. It's made of heavy duty plastic with two metal washers overlapping each other and losely riveted. Drop your dull knife blade between the washers on a tip down position and apply slight pressure and pull through several times and the blade is sharp. I would not use it on fine knives, but work knives would be OK. Darndest thing I ever saw. Very simple design. RADA also makes knives as well. American made and owned family business. Check out their site. The sharpener sells for under $10.00 and made in USA!
Old 10-04-2021, 02:33 PM
Rosscoe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Thanks for the tip, i'm gonna check them out!
Old 10-05-2021, 06:57 AM
blademan

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
Good sharpener

I just went through our kitchen drawer and found a bunch of old plain edged knives were pretty dull and haven't been used in quite some time. I used this little RADA sharpener on them and in about ten minutes, all the knives were sharper compared to my other knives that were sharpened with other sharpeners I have used in the past. It's my new "Go To" sharpener.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2021, 09:06 AM
JamesSion

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Rada

I've had one for years and it works well for me. There are folks who can do a better job but, for a quick and easy job sharpening, it works well.
Old 10-05-2021, 10:05 PM
blademan

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
The company has been around since 1948. They mainly manufacture cutlery, utensils and other kitchen items. They carry over 100 plus items, all 100% manufactured in the USA at their Iowa facility. Lifetime guaranteed. I am looking at a small set of knives for my wife and daughter for Christmas.
Old 10-05-2021, 11:29 PM
buntingmiester
Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Rada

I use one on my utility knives and some kitchen knives , works great for a quick touch-up, followed by a stroke or two on a good steel, great for the kitchen paring knives and other 1095 steel work knives
Old 12-17-2021, 11:09 PM
TRG3

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
For a couple of decades, I've used the Rada knives for butchering deer along with their sharpener. There may be better products on the market, but the Rada items I've used were very good and inexpensive. They are my "go to" knives for most kitchen needs.