Do they make scope mounts for this old girl? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:27 PM
shootrj2003
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I have one with a side mount for a 3/4" scope and after much searching found a 3/4" ....SAVAGE-STEVENS! scope which it wears right now-then when a local gunstore closed it's doors I found the same mount but for a bigger[?!] scope in a drawer in the back actually I found two of the mounts but I am not sure if I bought the other,If I could find it I'd offer it to you -but- hears the kicker.... it's not a1" scope mount, it's a 7/8" mount, I never knew they [7/8" scopes]existed and have never seen any evidence of them except this mount,but it is a Weaver mount.and now I have to find a 7/8" scope for it and a 1 "mount that mounts in the same holes for a usin' scope, the 3/4" looks right but has a lot to be desired in the optical field!The rifle is a dream and goes with my 66B real good.shootrj2003
Old 09-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Sav99age
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The mount that Rim22fire posted is the new style Weaver mount that I listed. Stick with the 1" scope.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Mike Oxbig

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rim22fire View Post
Mike

Call a guy named Doug at 989-7771240 Dick Williams Gun Shop in Saginaw Mich. He can fix you up with a side mount.

I will send pictures of the one he made up for me.
Thanks for the leed and all your pics. Looks like a very quality mount too. I'll give him a call this week and tell him what i have and see what he says.

I have one other option i'm waiting on first. A friend manages a gunstore near here and says that they have a few old mounts for this and similar guns that they may have lying around. It's worth a shot so i'll take it there this week to see. I'd much prefer to mount a modern scope on this gun and i think he said all thiers were mounts taken off customers guns who wanted modern mounts so i may be out of luck.

I have a friend with a 10/22 with all the bells and whistles and i'm dying to kick his a,ss at a shoot out with a gun more than twice his age

Thanks for the help guys. Your experiences are appreciated.
MIKE
Old 04-14-2021, 01:02 PM
tgt_usa
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Weaver side-mount 2

Brownell’s just told me that they’re out-of-stock, but gave me the Weaver part number. Using that in DuckDuckGo, the first hit was ... you guessed it:

Amazon.com

... has them, marketed as an air gun sight mount. O-k-a-y ... a rose by any other would shoot as sweet.
Old 04-14-2021, 02:18 PM
Catt57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1205023

See my replies in post #7 and #10
Old 04-14-2021, 04:20 PM
WalnutBill22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootrj2003 View Post
I have one with a side mount for a 3/4" scope and after much searching found a 3/4" ....SAVAGE-STEVENS! scope which it wears right now-then when a local gunstore closed it's doors I found the same mount but for a bigger[?!] scope in a drawer in the back actually I found two of the mounts but I am not sure if I bought the other,If I could find it I'd offer it to you -but- hears the kicker.... it's not a1" scope mount, it's a 7/8" mount, I never knew they [7/8" scopes]existed and have never seen any evidence of them except this mount,but it is a Weaver mount.and now I have to find a 7/8" scope for it and a 1 "mount that mounts in the same holes for a usin' scope, the 3/4" looks right but has a lot to be desired in the optical field!The rifle is a dream and goes with my 66B real good.shootrj2003
Actually, there were several 7/8 inch scopes, but unfortunately they no longer exist. They were the ideal size for a lot of rimfire rifles. The last ones that I am aware of were the Weaver D series. Two really famous ones were the Lyman Alaskan and the Norman-Ford Texan. Leupold actually made a reproduction of the Lyman Alaskan about 25-30 years ago, and they are highly sought after. I think there may have been others, but not very many.