Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Pictures of your Offhand Rifles

21K views 81 replies 32 participants last post by  Vz.58 
#1 · (Edited)
Thought it'd be neat to see what everybody's shooting with .
Here's one of my open sight rifles . Yesterday I swapped stock on this action and put a Boyds Pro Varmint stock on it . I'll post an update picture after I shoot it Monday .

A couple of my Ruger 10/22's I use for offhand

Here's my latest build . First time out , I shot a 470-13X , one my of my better scores . Except for a scope change , I think I'll keep this one just like it is .

See less See more
#2 ·
CZ452 Style action/ Boyds Pro Varmint stock/ Brno Aperture Sights

CZ455 Lux Action / Boyds Pro Varmint/ Brno Aperture Sights

CZ455 Lux Action / CZ Walnut Varmint Stock/ Brno Aperture Sights
This one is now in a Camo Laminate Boyds Pro Varmint stock. The walnut Varmint stock was too light . I was wobbling all over the place with this stock .
I also have another 455 I've installed in Boyds Pro Hunter stock . I'll be giving it a try next range trip , along with a CZ452 Trainer in a Boyds Pro Varmint stock.

#11 ·
[http://[URL=http://imgur.com/50gNJHO]

Walther KKM. Gun is in nice shape. The stock has been cut. I did not know this when I bought it. I'm going to machine a 1" aluminum plate and blend it into the stock.

It shoots great and has a awsome trigger.
I'm going to set this one up for 25yd Irons

Has the palm test and a few other items. It does not have the factory palm shelf. I need to make one or buy one.

#16 ·
Really nice rifles for sure. I'm partial to the old Walther's, very nice Gard.

Nice rifles and coat Bberg---you must be pretty dedicated to practice on days like the one in your last picture, looks cold!

Very nice Anschutz's also, Gard and Alan.

Kirby, that first rifle is very striking, I really like the stainless with wood. What make of rifle is it?

I'll have to ask my bride to do some camera duty, she is much better than me.

#17 · (Edited)
Really nice rifles for sure. I'm partial to the old Walther's, very nice Gard.

Nice rifles and coat Bberg---you must be pretty dedicated to practice on days like the one in your last picture, looks cold!

Very nice Anschutz's also, Gard and Alan.

Kirby, that first rifle is very striking, I really like the stainless with wood. What make of rifle is it?

I'll have to ask my bride to do some camera duty, she is much better than me.
The rifle is a CZ 452 Style that I had cut , recrowned, and had a front sight base installed to fit into a CZ 452 Full Stock . The rifle is nickel plated .
I bought two of these 452 Styles . The first shot awesome so I ordered another . This one didn't shoot good at all . 2"+ groups at 50 with match ammo . I messed around with the crown , swapped stocks , tried bedding a couple of stocks . Put thousands of round through it trying to get it to shoot .
So, I said , what the heck , can't ruin it by cutting it off . After all of my efforts I finally got it to shoot 1" groups at 25 yards , and made it my primary offhand rifle for awhile . . I will take that anyday shooting offhand .
Then I switched bolts with a 452 Scout I owned , and it'll do half inch groups at 25 now . Bet I've put close to 10,000 rounds through her . She's been shot more than any rimfire I own . Guess the one that gives you trouble is the one that gets the most attention. Kirby

#21 ·
Here's my Miroku looks-like-an-1885 in 22LR, which I dearly love. I don't shoot competitions, and my 52B is just plain too heavy these days for offhand use, so this is it.

Scope is a Nikon 4x fixed, which is plenty out to 50 yards. Beyond that, I tend to use the one of my two rifles that have a bipod.

#25 ·
@Strugl4x's: As a new shooter, I am overwhelmed by those two targets, 99 and 98, I dream of being able to shoot offhand that well. Now not sure if I should practice or quit... lol
Outstanding!
Thank you, don't give up, I have never shot a 100,or a 50 at 5yrds,and had many targets in the low 80's at 25,and low 30's at 50.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

#26 ·
It shoots like one too,pretty sure I miss spelled it; Geco 37,not very common, way back almost twenty years ago I kept reading of members here trying to find absolutely unmolested target rifles, I meanwhile was snatching up the imperfect ones. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.