CCI Stingers, and possible m4-22 purchase... - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-29-2019, 04:14 PM
atomicsmurf

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CCI Stingers, and possible m4-22 purchase...

I have a chance to pick one of these rifles up at my LGS. It has come down between the Tippmann M4-22 and the S&W 15-22. I can tell you straight up I like the feel of the Tippmann better.

Few questions:
Will it shoot stingers without damaging the weapon?

What is the warranty on the gun?

If there is a problem will I get a prepaid label to send it back for repair, like the bigger companies provide?

Have there been any issues with the weapon? (S&W just had a recall on their 15-22's so I am leaning towards the Tippmann)

How is their customer service?

Is the barrel profile medium, heavy, pencil?

Thanks to any who can provide feedback. I have seen the reviews and they have been outstanding. I've seen the 200 round full auto videos and it's impressive. No failures no meltdowns.
Old 03-30-2019, 08:17 AM
OZZY223

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hello atomicsmurf, I am Tippmann M-4 22LR owner, and I love these firearms. I am sure if you decide to make the purchase you will be impressed with the value and quality of these particular firearms. To answer some of your questions see below.

Will it shoot stingers without damaging the weapon?
Yes, these Tippmann's will pretty much eat everything you can throw at them, however like any firearm, favorable ammo does play a roll. I recommend CCI Mini Mag works the best, along with Blazer. I used CCI Mini Mag for comp shooting, and never have a failure.

What is the warranty on the gun?
There is a full 1 year warranty with these firearms, however, Tippmann stands by their products.

If there is a problem will I get a prepaid label to send it back for repair, like the bigger companies provide?
Customer service is key with Tippmann, again they stand by their products, and I am sure if you had an issue, they would be willing to work something out with you. I recommend if you do have to send out a firearm, to go through your license FFL dealer to assist you with sending a firearm in for repair

Have there been any issues with the weapon?
No recalls, and no issues that I am aware of. These things are rock solid. However like any firearm proper care and cleaning is a must.

How is their customer service?
Excellent, if you have a problem, Tippmann will be quick to give you their attention and fix the issue at hand

Is the barrel profile medium, heavy, pencil?
Medium 16 Inch barrel. Right of the box these firearms are extremely accurate.

I am sure if you decided to purchase one these you would be very satisfied.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:15 PM
CJT50
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
"Will it shoot stingers without damaging the weapon?" Yes, my rifle had no issues shooting them. (100 rounds) The buffer did bottom out kinda hard and personally I wouldn't shoot a steady diet of them thru any 22lr semi-auto.

"What is the warranty on the gun?" 1 year

"If there is a problem will I get a prepaid label to send it back for repair, like the bigger companies provide?" Unknown, I have never had to have mine serviced by the factory.

"Have there been any issues with the weapon?" None that I am aware of, however they have been upgrading the platform over time. (Nickle plating the bolt made a big difference in my eyes)

"How is their customer service?" I have traded e-mails with Tippmann and they were very timely and responsive. I also ordered some stuff from their web store and shipping was fast.

"Is the barrel profile medium, heavy, pencil?" I have the M4-22 Elite and I would classify the barrel as medium profile. I noticed that the newer MMSSA version has a skinnier fluted barrel.

I own both 15-22's and the Tippmann. I have to say that the Tippmann is a cleaner shooting rifle with much less carbon and "stuff" that needs to be cleaned after a lengthy range session. The Tippmann appear inherently more accurate due to the metal receivers. My 15-22's have been reliable as well with only a couple needing ejector tweaks to be consistent. Only parts I have broken on my 15-22's is firing pins and firing pin springs. (average MTBF 12-15k rounds) My Tippmann only has 8800 rounds thru it so far and I'm waiting for any failures (hopefully none! )

At the moment I would lean towards the Tippmann due to the ease of cleaning. I'm still somewhat amazed how clean it shoots. However I also have to say that my 6 15-22's have been for the most part decent performers and if the Tippmann wasn't available I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one if needed.

Old 03-31-2019, 08:00 AM
atomicsmurf

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the reply. I won't be firing stingers all the time, but I have a small stash on hand.

I'll be shooting mostly Velocitors, Federal 525 Blue Box Bulk, CCI mini mags.

Two of my LGS's have them in stock. One is priced at $569, the other $429. I'm not sure why the price difference, other than one shop is generally more expensive than the other.

I believe I will be making the purchase tomorrow.

I was looking into S&W 5.56 Sport II, but I just cannot take any more hearing damage. Even with muffs and plugs every time I hear that caliber at the range it's piercing. Plus this little guy will be cheap to shoot.

Any thing else you can tell me about the rifle would be appreciated in the meantime!
Old 03-31-2019, 10:13 PM
OZZY223

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The Tippmann would be a great purchase. There are different models of the M-4. You can view them on www.tippmannarms.com They are reliable, easy to maintain, and if you know a thing or two about the AR platforms, this firearm will be right for you. The Tippmann pretty much holds spec to any kind of AR platform and AR exterior parts are pretty much a easy bolt up right to this firearm. Basically, it can be used as a training rifle, a match rifle, or just good all around plinker. I am very pleased with mine, and reliability of it. I compete in rimfire matches, and the Tippmann M-4 22LR is primary match gun.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:51 PM
atomicsmurf

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought the Tippmann Pro for $455 OTD and picked up an extra mag for $20. I'd say that was a great deal. I'll be able to pick it up from gun jail this Thursday. Weather permitting I'll go straight to the range!
I can't wait! This rifle just FEELS so much better than the 15-22.
Thanks y'all! Fingers crossed she shoots as good as she feels and looks!
Old 04-01-2019, 01:51 PM
CJT50
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Excellent!!

Have fun and save up for more mags and ammo..... This thing is addicting.
Old 04-02-2019, 08:31 AM
atomicsmurf

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks to all who helped answer some questions. I'm really looking forward to taking possession of it Thursday.

Last edited by atomicsmurf; 04-04-2019 at 01:20 PM.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:33 AM
GB22lr
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Gun Store

Where di you purchase your M4-22 and what model?
Old 04-09-2019, 03:30 PM
hooverjc
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Go to web site

Their web site has a dealer link. Ordered the MMSSA edition today from my LGS, he is set up with TippMann. Saw one there last week and it is an excellent firearm from my first time seeing one. I shoot Steel Challenge and plan on using it for that. Many good reviews out there. The competition model has fluted barrel and tad lighter, you can get it with the Elfman trigger also.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:17 PM
hooverjc
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Got mine today!

Just picked mine up and going with a Holosun HS510C sight. Hoping to be able to use same rifle for open and limited by just removing red dot. It come with nice flip up sights. Hope to try this weekend at Steel Challenge match.