Failure to extract - Page 6 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-18-2019, 06:53 PM
kenfreem
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via ICQ to kenfreem

Wow, I thought it was only me. Similar circumstances with my BV, both with Blazer and Winchester M22. Both really accurate in Offhand competition, single shot, so it's not a huge issue other than it breaks my rhythm and is annoying. I'll clean the chamber, and, like you, it will go for a bit ejecting nicely, and then do it again. But, I've also had it happen right after cleaning the chamber. A fellow shooter speculated it was the higher velocity ammo would make the case expand just a bit. I was going to grab a spent failure to eject and mike it compared to an unfired one, but never did. My solution right now is to keep my trusty pocket knife out on the table when I'm shooting my round, just in case I need it. Sometimes I feel like I need it to slit my wrists when I have a bad round. <g>
Old 04-18-2019, 06:57 PM
56S

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Now that this thread pops up again I'm reminded that mine now does not exhibit the problem since my last attempt to fix it. About 400 rds mixed sticky stuff and no cleaning.
Old 04-18-2019, 08:12 PM
Jester560
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenfreem View Post
Wow, I thought it was only me. Similar circumstances with my BV, both with Blazer and Winchester M22. Both really accurate in Offhand competition, single shot, so it's not a huge issue other than it breaks my rhythm and is annoying. I'll clean the chamber, and, like you, it will go for a bit ejecting nicely, and then do it again. But, I've also had it happen right after cleaning the chamber. A fellow shooter speculated it was the higher velocity ammo would make the case expand just a bit. I was going to grab a spent failure to eject and mike it compared to an unfired one, but never did. My solution right now is to keep my trusty pocket knife out on the table when I'm shooting my round, just in case I need it. Sometimes I feel like I need it to slit my wrists when I have a bad round. <g>
Try putting the rounds in a zip lock bag and spraying them with Rem oil. I have gone over 2000 rounds without a fte since starting to lube the bullets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Old 04-20-2019, 05:09 PM
FredBart
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
We have many experienced shooters on this thread and it is not clear that there is any one simple solution. I am cleaning the chamber and the bolt carefully after every shooting session. I am now cleaning the chamber with a brass brush each time now, using JB bore cleaner periodically. No one can deny it is a recurring problem with the Savage extraction system.