Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

What will be your first gun purchase in 2020?

16K views 142 replies 112 participants last post by  Blackfeather666 
#1 ·
Well, I already made my first gun purchase of the new year. I happened to find a nice clean Marlin model 39A (1952 vintage) at a local shop a few days ago. It was a consignment gun but the owner had priced it cheap enough that I had to jump on it. I have my eyes on the new Ruger LCP II in 22LR, but that will have to wait a couple of months since I found that Marlin.

Since I bought the Marlin, I was wondering what everyone else is planning to purchase during the year ahead. Or maybe you have already purchased something? Lets hear what is on your list for this year.

#2 · (Edited)
Bought a RIA MAK22 AK knockoff in .22LR from Buds. It looked fun and was only $180 so I bought it. Next purchase will be some type of AR pistol.

EDIT: Saw a great buy on a Remington 870 Express 12g today (1/24/20). $259 NIB! I bought it as a complement to my Mav88 Pistol grip home security and my Charles Daly Superior O/U Trap. So my next next purchase will be an AR pistol.

#4 ·
First Buy 2020

I searched for an introduction section and could not find one.

I recently joined the forum.
I am from South Africa and the Eastern Cape province thereof.

My first buy for 2020 was a CZ 455 EVO in 22lr.

Our gun laws are hectically strict and I will be waiting in excess of 7 to 8 months for my licence approval after which I may collect the gun from the dealer.:banghead3

I am enjoying the forum a lot.

#5 ·
I wasn't planning on purchasing anything so soon but I came across some extra gun money and have been wanting a Ruger 22/45 Mark III Lite. Specifically the #3903 model. It has the all black fluted upper with brown laminate wood grip panels. When I found out they were discontinued I put it at the top of my list. Can't wait until it arrives!

#9 ·
Let's see:

The first was an H&R 732 in .32 S&W Long, for $10

The Second was a Ruger 10/22 Charger that I put a Sig MPX folding buffer tube adapter and a KAK blade brace on.

The Third was a Classic Firearm Surplus Beretta 81.

I'm looking for a good deal on a Beretta 84 to finish out the month.

I can quit anytime. It's just a hobby, not an addiction.

#11 ·
Very lightly used CZ 455 Tacticool (hate that name) with 3 5 round and 2 10 round magazines and an immediately removed BSA 3-9x scope. $399 and tax.

Mounted up a Weaver Grand Slam 4-16x, did a trigger spring change and it should be good to go. :bthumb:

#14 ·
If Kel Tec ever gets their act together,,,

I'll be buying one of the new P-17 .22 LR pistols.

Click here please.

$199.99,,,
16+1 capacity,,,
Threaded barrel,,,
Ships with three mags.

If the dang thing performs properly,,,
It will be the deal of the decade in plinking pistols.

Normally I'm not an early adapter of new guns,,,
I like to wait and let them work out the bugs,,,
But this time I'm going to take a chance.

I have two friends who are graduating from University this spring,,,
I'll be needing suitable gifts for them.

I have gifted Bersa Thunder 22's in the past,,,
But the price of those guns with three mags total is around $350.00.

Aarond

#25 ·
I'll be buying one of the new P-17 .22 LR pistols.

Click here please.

$199.99,,,
16+1 capacity,,,
Threaded barrel,,,
Ships with three mags.

If the dang thing performs properly,,,
It will be the deal of the decade in plinking pistols.

Normally I'm not an early adapter of new guns,,,
I like to wait and let them work out the bugs,,,
But this time I'm going to take a chance.

I have two friends who are graduating from University this spring,,,
I'll be needing suitable gifts for them.

I have gifted Bersa Thunder 22's in the past,,,
But the price of those guns with three mags total is around $350.00.

Aarond

:bthumb: Just be aware: Kel-Tec routinely announces new products a year before they hit the shelf.
they make some cool stuff though. I'd like to have one of their .22 Target Pistols, goofy as they are.
https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearms/pistols/cp33/
I've seen these in the wild. Held them. They handle better than they look.

I ordered and will pick up a Browning Suppressor ready Field Target tomorrow. Have a dozen Ruger MK series so time for a different manufacturer.
Brownings' made some mighty nice pistols. :t
Congrats.

I spotted a Ruger Precision Rimfire in the used rack. It came with the box and papers. Only a few rounds shot it looks like. I haven't seen any used yet and this had a discount from new so I bought it.
Good deal. Congrats on the find.:bthumb:

#15 ·
My huge arsenal of six handguns and one rifle are more than I need or want these days. I'm planning to sell three of them, but waiting to see what some pending legislation does first.

The only gun(s) I could possibly buy anyway aren't made yet. Maybe this year, maybe never.

#23 ·
Ive bought 3 air guns so far:

- P17 pistol (single pump)
- HW 45 Black Star (Single pump)
- Air Arms TX .22 under lever

I’m waiting until after IWA in Europe to see if a new PCP will happen.

Yep, I also like air Guns. Shooting in the walkout level.

I don’t plan on any additional powder burners.

Here’s pic of TX200.

Attachments

#26 · (Edited)
My 2nd Palmetto State Armory VIRGINIA-15 stripped AR lower is ready for pickup. My next purchase is its PSA lower build kit in FDE with an upgraded trigger. And, a dedicated .22 PSA upper to finish it off. Does that count as a "purchase".:)

I just finished assembling my 1st PSA VIRGINIA-15 lower in olive drab green. I finished it off with a PSA midlength upper. This one has a Ciener .22 conversion bolt and magazines so I can swap from 5.56 to/fr .22 in a heartbeat!:bthumb:

:gun4:
:gun4:

Go Virginians!

#31 ·
First purchase of the 20’s. It makes sense depending on which century you are thinking of. This old gal is a Savage model 23B chambered in 25-20. The stock is beat to snot and missing the butt plate, cracked all over, but the bore is immaculate and all other internals are in incredible shape. This is definitely a labor of love. Once upon a time in the early 1920’s this rifle would have been a item of pride. For the past 60+ years it has been stored in a dusty barn, but ironically the dust and dirt with dried grease ended up preserving the metal. 25-20 ammo is outrageous, so I will be rolling my own along with giving this old gal a facelift and a proper stock. Many people would let this rust away, I see another 100 years of use. Modern guns are *yawn* BORING....

Attachments

#72 · (Edited)
First purchase of the 20's. It makes sense depending on which century you are thinking of. This old gal is a Savage model 23B chambered in 25-20. The stock is beat to snot and missing the butt plate, cracked all over, but the bore is immaculate and all other internals are in incredible shape. This is definitely a labor of love. Once upon a time in the early 1920's this rifle would have been a item of pride. For the past 60+ years it has been stored in a dusty barn, but ironically the dust and dirt with dried grease ended up preserving the metal. 25-20 ammo is outrageous, so I will be rolling my own along with giving this old gal a facelift and a proper stock. Many people would let this rust away, I see another 100 years of use. Modern guns are *yawn* BORING....
Agree - for the most part.
Yesterday I picked up a Ruger Single-Six - OM, 1963 production, convertible (.22LR cylinder only, but I'll correct that). A previous owner had it "made safe" with the transfer bar conversion, but it still has the half-cock, so barely acceptable. As I have my father's 1968 OMSS that is still in factory condition, the hybrid will eventually go to a friend [he doesn't know it yet] - he is on a fixed income but wants an OM SS convertible like his grandfather's that he remembers fondly, so....

At the same time I picked up a sporterized Enfield No4 rifle (shortened barrel & stock, rubber buttpad, different iron sights, etc) - I liked a friend's Jungly (Enfield No5 jungle carbine), but this will be more comfortable to shoot. The barrel is 21 1/2" - original was 25".*

I need to take my father's Win 1892 (.25-20) out & shoot it - it's stock is in much nicer condition than yours, even though it was made in 1909.

* Now I need an untouched No4... but before that I'll pick up a Ruger SP101 (3"barrel) in .327Fed. Yes, it's new - but I need a companion for my Henry carbine (.327Fed/.32 H&R) - also new, but a lever-gun.

Then starts the search for a Marlin model 62 Levermatic in .30 carbine. Sigh. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.