current .22 ammo supply question and the occasional sewer rat. - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-09-2020, 03:21 PM
Flint_Fredrstone

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

It just annoys me that I can get a great deal on ammo, but can't buy but a couple boxes at a time, or spend an insane price just to have the benefit of buying 4 to 5 boxes. I buy not only .22 lr, but also .22 wmr.

I think I will contact walmart and ask why they only put 2 boxes at a time on the shelves. Interesting thing though... First two boxes had rev. G....... A month later i picked up 2 more and they were rev. F.

Sounds like I got 2 new boxes, then a month later got 2 old boxes... Definitely going to contact walmart.
Old 01-09-2020, 03:28 PM
scooter22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Central NY, The good part, not the rotten apple
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I get my 22WMR there also for what I think are good prices for a brick and mortar store.
Old 01-09-2020, 04:00 PM
MKnarr
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I'm not 100% sure how much longer 22 ammo will be sold by Walmart. Walmart has announced that when the supply runs out they will be selling no more AR-15, AK-47, SKs ammo. They weren't sure if they would continue selling 22 stuff, If it was meant for a semi auto rifle that would stop as well. That's info from the local department manager that knows better than to lie to me because my wife was ask to be the Dept manager but recommended him instead.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:59 AM
farm boy
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Flint, you are wasting your time trying to contact Walmart. You are a grain of sand in the desert and they could care less. As others have said, there are plenty of places that stock large quantities.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:25 AM
RCoop

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
To your door

With all the places you can order ammo from and have shipped to your door I wouldn't bother buying ammo from a store. Even if you only shot 50 rounds a month I'd bee using some of the online deals with free shipping and buy no less than a brick at a time.
T. I M. = Time is money and gas ain't cheap.
Old 01-11-2020, 12:39 PM
justinp61

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I too buy my ammo online, CCI SV can be found in brick quantities locally. My favorite SK Std. Plus is no where to be found around here.

Also when there is a rebate on ammo I shoot I try to stock up. When CCI had a rebate early last year (I think) I bought two cases, after the rebate I have about $165 in each case. SK had a rebate deal until the end of last year so I bought two cases of SK Std. Plus, $50 off each case. A buddy of mine will get one of the SK cases.

With the election coming up and the current political climate I don't want to get caught again with no ammo, so I replace it as I shoot it up.
Old 01-11-2020, 01:38 PM
Arrowhead

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The sporting good manager at my local Walmart told me several weeks ago that they would sell off all their handgun and military caliber ammo and that was it. They would continue to sell rimfire ammo and certain hunting ammo. Apparently he knew what he was talking about because that is exactly what has happened.

Academy Sports has a fairly decent selection of 22 LR ammo online at reasonable prices and has free shipping on ammo. I just received some from them Thursday.
Old Yesterday, 03:42 PM
Flint_Fredrstone

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
come to think of it.. think i will save and buy a brick and be done for a few months instead of having to rely on wally world to fill my needs....

side note... just got a dud out of my cci ammo. wouldn't fire. I didn't try to snap it again.. first time in over 2 years for me.