Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-17-2020, 09:40 PM
Hi-NV Shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (36)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sof View Post
Do the whole process over at 50 or use the 100 yard result as the starting point is my question.
Try the 100yds. settings and see if it will hold up, you will know real quickly. if not then start over

Also as was mentioned at 100yds. ammo plays a big part on how it will shoot, but if you find the setting for 50yds., weeding out poor performing ammo at 100yds. is much easier.

when you get to a point where it is shooting really good, then it will be a matter of the whole package, meaning rest setup, how the rifle recoils and how fast it moves back as you shoot it, all this plays a part of the equation. get to that point and you will have total confidence in the rifle.

Lee
Old 01-18-2020, 12:14 PM
Mac-man
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
[QUOTE] Sam, I think Mac did a fine job on that target, even though it was 25 yards, it still requires above average shooting skills. He is not using a full on custom, its a 60+ year old target rifle, a 12 oz trigger, a vintage scope and I would bet it was shot off a two piece rest, outdoors. It takes a good deal of concentration, just to be able to do that for 25 bulls in a row, you still need to read the wind and other conditions. Personally, I have not shot a target that looks that good, inside or out.

Thanks for the vote of confidence "52D". All of the above is true except that I've had my trigger pull reduced to 3oz by one of our members. Peter Domanski [email protected] Hope he doesn't mind the plug. My ammo was Eley Tenex.
Old 01-18-2020, 01:57 PM
sof
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I was using Lapua Center X which already tested out as my 50 yard choice. I noticed that it wasn't the best at 100 previously, but thought that by tuning with it at 100, it would be easier to identify the spot that had the least stringing and carry over to 50. Guess that's not the case but it was a beautiful day, and I had a great time anyhow.

Now, on to 50 yards though in my hands it will be hard to beat the way that Vudoo shoots with nothing on it.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:10 AM
Turbosam

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
[QUOTE=Mac-man;11743961]
Quote:
Sam, I think Mac did a fine job on that target, even though it was 25 yards, it still requires above average shooting skills. He is not using a full on custom, its a 60+ year old target rifle, a 12 oz trigger, a vintage scope and I would bet it was shot off a two piece rest, outdoors. It takes a good deal of concentration, just to be able to do that for 25 bulls in a row, you still need to read the wind and other conditions. Personally, I have not shot a target that looks that good, inside or out.

Thanks for the vote of confidence "52D". All of the above is true except that I've had my trigger pull reduced to 3oz by one of our members. Peter Domanski [email protected] Hope he doesn't mind the plug. My ammo was Eley Tenex.
You must think I have no knowledge of how to shoot or something. I know exactly what it takes to shoot a target I compete on a regular basis l. I'm not a internet tuner ,I'm a shooter. Vintage or not the man is looking for suggestions and I gave my honest reply. See at 25 yds you're getting false hope cause that target is not shot @25 yds and wind reading isnt as much a factor as to 50 or 100 yds. Yes a custom gun will outshoot it but that's not why we are here. He asked for suggestions , you want everyone to blow smoke up his butt and tell him that target is perfect? NO! That's not me and never will be me. I've tuned enough guns now to know what it takes.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:24 AM
Mac-man

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wow, I'm sorry I got involved.
Old 01-19-2020, 01:41 PM
52DH&R12

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbosam View Post
Lmao that's only 25 yds shoot that same setup @50 and I bet you dont get 20xs. Limbsavers dont tune a gun they reduce a very small bit of vibrations nothing more nothing less. Used one when I first started shooting and quickly moved to a Harrell tuner. They are night and day in comparison.
Well Sam, I did not see that Mac was asking for suggestions, that was the OP sof, Mac was just showing him a alternative with the limbsaver. The target Mac posted " I THINK" is nothing to laugh about. I am sure the people that shoot at a 100 or 200, think what we do is boring, but I do not see anyone laughing about it, at least in on a public forum.
Old 01-19-2020, 02:50 PM
vlnbyr

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
George..That PSL dot at 25yds is the same size as an aspirin tablet at 200yds. Let the long range boys have at it until they get bored.
Old 01-19-2020, 03:41 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlnbyr View Post
George..That PSL dot at 25yds is the same size as an aspirin tablet at 200yds. Let the long range boys have at it until they get bored.
Not questioning you.....just interested in understanding the math on this calculation.

What diameter are you using for the PSL dot and the Aspirin tablet?

Thanks
Old 01-19-2020, 06:49 PM
vlnbyr

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
No math just a WAG trying to make a point.
Old 01-20-2020, 08:10 AM
Turbosam

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
[QUOTE=52DH&R12;11745539]
Quote:
Lmao that's only 25 yds shoot that same setup @50 and I bet you dont get 20xs. Limbsavers dont tune a gun they reduce a very small bit of vibrations nothing more nothing less. Used one when I first started shooting and quickly moved to a Harrell tuner. They are night and day in comparison.[/QUOTE
Well Sam, I did not see that Mac was asking for suggestions, that was the OP sof, Mac was just showing him a alternative with the limbsaver. The target Mac posted " I THINK" is nothing to laugh about. I am sure the people that shoot at a 100 or 200, think what we do is boring, but I do not see anyone laughing about it, at least in on a public forum.

George I can laugh at whatever I want to. For 25yds there better be 25 x from our guns if not you're in trouble at 50yds. I love how people assume things I'm not a noob by any means and know what it takes to shoot these targets. I'm pretty sure I didnt address you either so why act like that towards me. I've shot with you at the barn I've shot with john and many others and know the game well. I'm pretty sure this is still a free country and I will say what I want on a public forum. Good day
Old 01-20-2020, 08:10 AM
Turbosam

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
[QUOTE=52DH&R12;11745539]
Quote:
Lmao that's only 25 yds shoot that same setup @50 and I bet you dont get 20xs. Limbsavers dont tune a gun they reduce a very small bit of vibrations nothing more nothing less. Used one when I first started shooting and quickly moved to a Harrell tuner. They are night and day in comparison.[/QUOTE

George I can laugh at whatever I want to. For 25yds there better be 25 x from our guns if not you're in trouble at 50yds. I love how people assume things I'm not a noob by any means and know what it takes to shoot these targets. I'm pretty sure I didnt address you either so why act like that towards me. I've shot with you at the barn I've shot with john and many others and know the game well. I'm pretty sure this is still a free country and I will say what I want on a public forum. Good day
Old 01-20-2020, 10:18 AM
Mac-man

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sam, this has probably gone too far for our little forum to bear.

Why don't you stop laughing and show us your stuff. Shoot a PSL target at 25 yards and post it for all to see.

Mac-man

Last edited by Mac-man; 01-21-2020 at 09:44 PM.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:34 AM
sof
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I didn't learn much about tuners from that last little bit
Old 01-20-2020, 12:12 PM
vlnbyr

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
The best lessons you will learn are those you learn on your own. Forums get you in the door.
Old 01-20-2020, 12:18 PM
52DH&R12

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sof View Post
I didn't learn much about tuners from that last little bit
You are correct, this has gotten out of hand. Please accept my apologizes.