Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-08-2020, 10:49 PM
BOI
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
KSA 722 Varmint Trigger

Just got a new 722 Varmint which has the new trigger. Been trying to adjust the pull weight and checking with a Lyman digital trigger gauge. I have a hard time getting a consistent pull weight as each time I check it varies by a pound to three pounds difference. I got it down to a little over pound one time and the next pull was over three. Anyone have any luck getting these triggers to be a pound or less, or at least consistent?
Old 01-08-2020, 10:58 PM
Andrew22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
How many rounds do you have through it? After 500 or so I was able to adjust mine to around 11 ounces consistantly but my safety will not work at that weight. Its on my back burner but I am planning on ordering another trigger bar to modify it so the safety will work at such a low weight. I pretty much backed the weight adjustment all the way out then tightened until it would just reset the trigger. After that I adjust the pre-travel until there was little sear engagement but it still passed my tests to make sure it would not fire if bumped or dropped. I may have shimmed the sear spring but I can not remember for sure. As for the weight changing I do recall having issues early on with it changing if the rifle was vertical when cocked (it would be much less) but other then that it is pretty consistent.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2020, 11:21 PM
BOI

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
KSA Trigger

I haven't shot the gun yet, I was trying to get the trigger lightened up before shooting it. I was adjusting out of the stock flipping it over and back. I may put the stock back on and see if that makes a difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2020, 11:51 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
1lb to 3lbs between pulls is quite a bit of variation. Have you checked your trigger scale to see if it's working properly? That's enough difference that you should easily be able to tell just by feel. If it is actually jumping in weight like that I would contact Keystone and see what they have to say.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:53 PM
Andrew22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I agree with Nick that if it correct that is alot of variation. I would put do some shooting to help break everything in and take another look at it. I would also test it out in the stock keeping it level. I know mine definitly changed with more rounds through it. I did not try adjusting it before I shot it but there was a difference between 200 and 500 for sure. If all else fails keystone has top notch customer service. I had an issue with mine early on unrelated to the trigger and it was resolved very quickly.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Andrew22; 01-08-2020 at 11:55 PM.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:22 AM
56S

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Maybe I do things differently but adjusting the pretravel before the trigger weight works best for me. (not knowing if this model has that particular adjustment)
Old 01-09-2020, 07:16 AM
springer1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I recently bought a new 722 Classic. The trigger was very nice from the factory, but after 150 or so rounds I lightened it up a tad - very easy no problem.
Old 01-11-2020, 10:38 PM
BOI

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I can feel the difference between the light and heavy pulls. I will put the stock back on and see if that makes any difference. KSA's customer service was one of the reasons for buying this rifle. I will give them a call if the trigger doesn't get consistent.