Altamont Advanced Hunting Stock (KKC) - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-23-2019, 11:26 PM
Tac Gunner

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I emailed Altamont last week and asked when the KKC would be back in stock. They responded they did not have a time frame but would put me on their notification list for when they become available.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:36 AM
crackedcornish
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac Gunner View Post
I emailed Altamont last week and asked when the KKC would be back in stock. They responded they did not have a time frame but would put me on their notification list for when they become available.
well that's two of us on that list
Old 03-24-2019, 09:58 AM
Tac Gunner

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedcornish View Post
well that's two of us on that list
For the money it appears to be one of the best laminate stocks on the market. I'm between this and the Stocky's EuroMatch with adjustable comb for my next build but the EuroMatch is $150 more.
Old 01-01-2020, 05:51 PM
jeffhalljr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac Gunner View Post
Have you received an update on the KKC?
Old 01-03-2020, 12:55 AM
Rick67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wirthwein has Altamont stocks but none of them are KKC.

They do have a very beautiful sporter in walnut but it is not a true sporter in my eyes because the "paddle" is pretty wide.

I personally find it beautiful but pricey at $200!
Old 01-06-2020, 08:30 AM
jeffhalljr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I emailed Altamont and received a quick response from them stating that they were out of stock without a restock date... fortunately I did find a few on ebay (can't believe I did not check that first). Mikes.Stocks still have a few left (right and left-handed) if anyone is interested.

https://www.ebay.com/str/mikesstocks

If you want to know more about the stock see below links:
- http://www.kkc.no/en/
- https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ge...r-1022-target/

I did find a few suppliers in the UK and EU that are still selling this stock however it is +$500 + Shipping and import fees

Mine arrives later on this week...
Old 01-06-2020, 09:04 AM
Frank3

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I’ve had 3 of these stocks and they are awesome. Only the GRS stocks are better but they don’t make them for the 10/22.

They do need to be bedded though. Might need to pick up another for my next build
Old 01-06-2020, 01:30 PM
Sure_Shot

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
I'm nearly positive I have seen GRS 10/22 stocks on Euro Optics site. Contact GRS.

Sure Shot
Old 01-06-2020, 09:24 PM
Frank3

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure_Shot View Post
I'm nearly positive I have seen GRS 10/22 stocks on Euro Optics site. Contact GRS.

Sure Shot
Really?

That would be sweet.......off to their website I go. Will shoot off and email and post back what they say

Well found a place that would order one it looks like

https://www.boxtobenchprecision.com/store/grs-sporter

$625.00 - ..... Don't know if I want to commit that much to a 10/22 stock. Maybe if I get Kidd supergrade then I will drop it in one of those but the KKC only ran me 200.00 and is very similar

Last edited by Frank3; 01-06-2020 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-06-2020, 10:06 PM
Rick67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank3 View Post
Really?

That would be sweet.......off to their website I go. Will shoot off and email and post back what they say

$625.00 - ..... Don't know if I want to commit that much to a 10/22 stock. Maybe if I get Kidd supergrade then I will drop it in one of those but the KKC only ran me 200.00 and is very similar
Or Stocky Stocks fully adjustable EuroStock.
Old 01-06-2020, 10:29 PM
Frank3

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick67 View Post
Or Stocky Stocks fully adjustable EuroStock.

Those stocks look nice but I think they are lacking the same grip angle that the KKC or GRS stocks are famous for.

If you handle one of these stocks the grip angle and how comfortable they are will stand out to you. Almost like a thumbhole stock without being a thumbhole stock. Kind of hard to explain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2020, 06:24 PM
jeffhalljr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Those stocks look nice but I think they are lacking the same grip angle that the KKC or GRS stocks are famous for.

If you handle one of these stocks the grip angle and how comfortable they are will stand out to you. Almost like a thumbhole stock without being a thumbhole stock. Kind of hard to explain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Completely agree with you! I actually ordered a euro fully adjustable stock from stockys and found a KKC on eBay but had to return both due to damage.

The KKC has a great feel... hope to find another soon.

Iím finding hard to justify the expense of the GRS + bedding and inletting for Kidd rear tang. Maybe or a rem 700 custom build.
Old 01-07-2020, 11:19 PM
Sure_Shot

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Quote:
Really?

That is an excellent price for a laminate GRS. I was thinking of getting one for one of my Volquartsen rifles. I need to handle a GRS first. Weight is a bit of a concern as well. To date my favorite 10/22 stocks are the Raptor and VQ Signature. I've had some McMillan 10/22 stocks that I liked, but wood is my preference.

Sure Shot