Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-07-2003, 01:56 AM
RDRC

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ironwood Designs Magazine Lever

Anyone using the Ironwood Designs two-way mag release and have some comments on it? So far, I haven't heard much feedback one way or the other about how it works. Would appreciate hearing from folks who've got one. Does it do what it's supposed to and is it worth it?
Old 04-09-2003, 09:01 PM
Groucho

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up

I've got one in each of my 10/22's (LR & WMR), and thet're GREAT !

Easy to fit and work exactly as promised ...
* push the lever forward with your finger (just like any other extended mag release) and the mag drops out
* hold the bolt back with one hand & PULL the lever back with the other and the bolt "locks" open. No more turning the rifle over and fiddling around
* because it's also an auto bolt-release, just rack the bolt again on a fresh mag & away you go

Old 04-25-2003, 10:55 PM
JJ-Flyer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just received one today and installed and it is fantastic! Works exactly as advertised. Its really two products in one...mag release and bolt lock activator.

At first, I thought it seemed a little long, but after playing with it for awhile, I think I like the length.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2003, 08:56 AM
chundoo
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just installed one in my 10-22 last week and it's great. Works just like it's advertised and I'm very pleased with it. I also thought it might be a bit too long for my taste, but now that it's installed I LIKE it!
Old 04-26-2003, 11:50 PM
BigMac
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought one about a month ago.

I've been using it for about three weeks and like it a lot. There seems to be some play in mine though. It looks like it's because the top part of the lever is not as wide as the factory or other aftermarket levers.

I have mine installed on my scout rifle 10/22 that I've been using to shoot bowling pins with. It is very fast and I really like the Slide lock back feature! Big help as after every table we have to lock the bolt open so I use it a lot.

It did take some getting used to, but I wouldn't go back.
Old 11-30-2004, 05:38 PM
katmandoo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Question

It's been a while since anyone responded to this, but are there any other opinions. I am seriously considering the purchase of one and would be curious about any longer-term opinions.

It will either be this or the VQ release.

Thanks!

Product:

http://ironwooddesigns.com/2Aprodpage/11022prod.html
Old 11-30-2004, 05:45 PM
lawndart
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've had mine for quite awhile and I really like it! Once I figuired out how to put it in, I've had no problems with it. I'm going to put one in my next project.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:20 PM
BigMac

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I still have mine in the rifle I first put it in. I also have one of the VQ levers. Both are very nice. The bolt hold open is still one of my favorite features. Combined with the simple modification to allow the bolt to go forward with just a pull on the charging handle, it makes for a very slick setup.