Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-10-2021, 04:57 PM
Rockwind1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
buckmark pistol not cycling

like new buckmark i have had for years,, stock 5 1/2" barrel on it. it doesn't list a sub model like trail lite or anything so it must be a basic model. i got a tacticool thread adaptor for it and put on a tbac 22 take down suppressor. i am shooting cci quiet-22 45gr round nose, box says 835 fps. i've fired about 25 rds thru it with no problem,,, cycled fine. all of sudden it stopped cycling. i tried some prime 40gr subsonic ammo as well, and it would not cycle. but the cci was working fine and then just stopped. any thoughts on what is up? maybe oil the slide?
Old 07-10-2021, 05:22 PM
Mike_AK
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Clean it.
Old 07-11-2021, 07:24 AM
.22 (+)
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_AK View Post
Clean it.
+1

Every 1K rounds I remove the slide for a good cleaning/lube. (in addition to routine cleaning)
Also, the firing pin/spring at 2K rounds too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2021, 10:17 AM
coltlog

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Compared to HV ammo, there's comparatively little force with low-noise ammo to drive the slide rearward. Consequently, you've got to make sure that friction in all moving parts involved with the gun's cycling is minimized.

First, you've got to run a CLEAN gun, and this mean's you've got to field strip it despite Browning's assurance that this isn't necessary. Then, you've got to make sure it's properly lubed. RUN THE GUN WET, even though it might collect more gunk in the fire control system.
Old 07-11-2021, 12:54 PM
BadaBing11

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwind1 View Post
like new buckmark i have had for years,, stock 5 1/2" barrel on it. it doesn't list a sub model like trail lite or anything so it must be a basic model. i got a tacticool thread adaptor for it and put on a tbac 22 take down suppressor. i am shooting cci quiet-22 45gr round nose, box says 835 fps. i've fired about 25 rds thru it with no problem,,, cycled fine. all of sudden it stopped cycling. i tried some prime 40gr subsonic ammo as well, and it would not cycle. but the cci was working fine and then just stopped. any thoughts on what is up? maybe oil the slide?
You did pretty good to get 25 quiets to cycle. Mine will do bout the same with ammo in the 1070 fps speed, and then start acting up. I gotta be over 1100 fps for my buckmark to run reliable. It sings with ammo over 1200 fps.
Old 07-11-2021, 10:15 PM
Rockwind1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadaBing11 View Post
You did pretty good to get 25 quiets to cycle. Mine will do bout the same with ammo in the 1070 fps speed, and then start acting up. I gotta be over 1100 fps for my buckmark to run reliable. It sings with ammo over 1200 fps.
do you run a suppressor? are the 1200's a lot louder than the subs?
Old 07-11-2021, 10:16 PM
Rockwind1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltlog View Post
Compared to HV ammo, there's comparatively little force with low-noise ammo to drive the slide rearward. Consequently, you've got to make sure that friction in all moving parts involved with the gun's cycling is minimized.

First, you've got to run a CLEAN gun, and this mean's you've got to field strip it despite Browning's assurance that this isn't necessary. Then, you've got to make sure it's properly lubed. RUN THE GUN WET, even though it might collect more gunk in the fire control system.
has anyone experimented with a lightweight slide for subs?
Old 07-11-2021, 10:18 PM
Rockwind1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltlog View Post

what is the best lube,,,like actual oil like lucas gun oil,, or some lightweight grease like the gun butter or something.
Old 07-12-2021, 08:35 AM
BadaBing11

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
No , I donít run a suppressor .

Re the question on lube , Hornady one shot is the slickest I can find for my 22s itís a dry lube .
Old 07-12-2021, 09:49 AM
coltlog

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
what is the best lube,,,like actual oil like lucas gun oil,, or some lightweight grease like the gun butter or something.
Gun Butter is an excellent lube, but very expensive.

I use a concoction consisting of equal parts of Mobil 1 synthetic oil, transmission fluid, and STP. It is very slick, stays in place, and will keep moving parts wet during even the longest shooting sessions.

My S&W 41 would begin to act up after 50 rounds, but now runs perfectly after hundreds of rounds. My Buckmark Plus now runs CCI standard velocity without fail since I switched to this stuff years ago. My large caliber pistols thrive on it!

You certainly don't have to flood the gun with this lube to run it wet. Simply apply a couple of drops on contact surfaces and spread it around with a dry brush to give it a thin, even coating.
Old 07-16-2021, 03:16 PM
Joepalm

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Same problem But!!!

Ok guys ,

I have a 2021 Buckmark Contour that I am this close to throwing in the garbage. Same problem as the op. My gun has been to Browning 2 times and 3 gunsmiths. I am using CCI mini mags or better. I have the Tandem Cross gear box , titanium extractor , eliminator return rod , and anything else inside. This gun has been a POS since the day I bought it. First I was told break it in, Then I was told it was seer problem then loose top screws then return spring then lube it. I have sent every brand ammo through it. Over 4000 rounds. Just venting!!

Any idea's??
Old 07-16-2021, 03:45 PM
BadaBing11

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joepalm View Post
Ok guys ,

I have a 2021 Buckmark Contour that I am this close to throwing in the garbage. Same problem as the op. My gun has been to Browning 2 times and 3 gunsmiths. I am using CCI mini mags or better. I have the Tandem Cross gear box , titanium extractor , eliminator return rod , and anything else inside. This gun has been a POS since the day I bought it. First I was told break it in, Then I was told it was seer problem then loose top screws then return spring then lube it. I have sent every brand ammo through it. Over 4000 rounds. Just venting!!

Any idea's??
Are you saying mini mags wonít run? I think the Op meant CCI quiets wonít run.
Old 07-16-2021, 03:58 PM
Joepalm

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
The Mini mags are ok but nothing works in my gun
Old 07-16-2021, 05:20 PM
Rockwind1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
the cci quiets stopped cycling, and i did try another brand of subsonic, the old Prime subsonic,, i have not tried anything else though so not sure about any other ammo.
Old 07-17-2021, 01:48 PM
Lloyd S.
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Quote:
Everything but hypervelocity stuff will be subsonic in a pistol due to the relatively short barrel compared to a rifle. I don't see any reason to shoot "subsonic" ammo in a handgun. I haven't chronographed any hypervelocity stuff so wouldn't know if it's still supersonic in a pistol. In a rifle, .22 HV is noisy mainly due to the sonic boom.

(I hate autocorrect. I typed "chronoraphed" and it changed to "choreographed". There--it did it again!)