Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-07-2021, 05:55 PM
dexdog

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
how long to wait for new stock

I sent my Izmash Sobol barrelled action to a stock maker Sept 2020, he received it on Sept 25. The guy has had my rifle for over 7 months. I have sent him monthly emails asking for an update, and he usually claims that he will get to it in a couple/few weeks. Well, that has not happened yet and I am wondering whether to just ask the guy to send my rifle back. I have never had a stock made before so I dont know if this is typical or not. Thoughts?
Old 05-15-2021, 02:20 PM
SillyMike
US Army Veteran Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Depending how good/popular/busy he is... 6-12 months is not out of the ordinary.
- Though in most cases, the guy/gal won't have you ship the action until he is ready to work on it.
Old 05-19-2021, 09:01 AM
dexdog

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Thanks for the response. Maybe I will call the guy next week at the 8 month mark to ask him for a timeline.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2021, 08:05 AM
dexdog

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I emailed the guy to ask if he could provide me a schedule for when he could get to my rifle. He responded that he could not, and said that he would send my rifle back. I was not surprised, figuring that the guy has a business to run, and would put his time into projects that made more sense/income for his business.
Old 05-25-2021, 08:21 AM
carbineone

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Just my opinion..But I think it is just bad business to take on work that would cause a 8 month + backlog..If you cannot do the work in a reasonable time, just admit you cannot do it, period....Do not take the job in the first place..I would never even consider taking on any work I could not accomplish within a 8 week period max..Even that is somewhat ridiculous..Some of these people think you have a infinite time on the earth to wait it out

I would get the Rifle back and search elsewhere..