Need a place to shoot in Kansas City KS - Page 10 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-06-2004, 03:54 PM
Chrome
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to Chrome

Yeah, one of the times I was out there this year was to shoot pins, the other time my Dad and I spent the day there.
Gotta get out there sometime again.
Need to buy targets and a gauge and start shooting the e-mail matches again. Kinda miss doing that.

Laterz

Chrome
Old 09-06-2004, 05:58 PM
BigMac
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hey Chrome, I still have some of the targets, give me a call if you want to buy em from me. I won't have the money to use them anytime soon myself. I'll loan you the gauge too. IM me if you don't still have my number.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:03 PM
Chrome

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well, now I have a really good reason to get to the range. Some of you know I had Carpal Tunnel surgery on my right hand last Thursday. Well, being the active individual that I am, I quickly became bored. My wife, feeling sorry for me took me to Cabela's to "window" shop. I saved the best for last and headed into the firearms section to drool over everything in there. We get to the handgub case and make the peeps behind the counter earn their keep wiping my drool off the glass. My wife asks me what one I needed to use for pin shooting, and I point to three or four 1911 variants. She says if I was to buy one which would it be (about this time I'm catching on). I had the guy behind the counter pull out a Kimber Custom II. She looked at him and told him to "package it up".
Well 2 hours later (FBI computers were down) I'm on my way home with said gun. It came with 1 8rnd mag, I bought an extra 8 and 2 tens.
Now I gotta wait till I can use my right hand effectivly enough just to take it apart and give it a proper lube/clean. I can barely rack the slide now (due to surgery, not tight tolerences... Hehehe)

Chrome
Old 11-22-2004, 03:55 PM
Sav99age

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Pistol and the wife sound like real keepers! Hope you heal quickly.

Have a good holiday,
Rick....
Old 11-22-2004, 07:04 PM
BigMac

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Chrome old buddy!

%%%% sorry to hear about the hand, I've been out of touch so long seems like forever! Give me a shout when you get up and running. We can compair kimbers!

Dave
Old 11-22-2004, 07:07 PM
Chrome

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMac
Chrome old buddy!

%%%% sorry to hear about the hand, I've been out of touch so long seems like forever! Give me a shout when you get up and running. We can compair kimbers!

Dave
Works for me! Probaby be a couple months before the hand will be able to hsndle the weight and recoil...

Chrome
Old 11-27-2004, 11:44 PM
stainless45

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Send a message via Yahoo to stainless45
I'm still around, also!

I have been keeping in touch with (Tony) Chrome, and I also had R. Carpal Tunnel Release surgery done a few months ago. [I told Chrome ALL my horror stories, but he went & done it anyway!]

I will most likely return to the bowling pins in the spring, [if I'm not in the "poor-house" by then!]

Anyone can still get a hold of me @ [email protected] if needed.

Hope everyone is well.

Jim
Old 09-14-2005, 09:52 PM
Lloyd

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Millcreek

I live about 5 miles away from millcreek and I have never heard of it. I have been to 7&10 a few times and didnt really care for it there. I would really be interested in Millcreek, if I could get someone to get me in there for a look.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:37 AM
JoeCichlid

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via ICQ to JoeCichlid Send a message via Yahoo to JoeCichlid
Lloyd

I shoot out there every Wed night with a group that shoots bowling pins, feel free to come on out then or there is a monthly USPSA match the second Saturday of every month. Both events are open to the public if you would like to come out and look around.
The range has:
12 yard, 2 25 yard and 50 yard pistol ranges
50/100 small bore range with concrete benches
100 yard, 200 yard and 300 yard centerfire from concrete benches
100 yard, 200 yard, 300 yard and 500 yard high power shot from level ground

I am not sure if they are taking new aps for membership or not but you can at least come out and learn more about the range itself.

Joe W.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:32 AM
Chrome

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Didn't know this thread was still active!!!
Hey Joe, been REAL busy this summer, maybe I'll make it out to do pins one of these Wed. nights.. And to think I bought a Kimber Custom II last Nov. just to shoot pins with... LOL!
By the time I make it back out there you'll be back to shootin .22's again... Oh Well...
Old 09-21-2005, 11:25 PM
JoeCichlid

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via ICQ to JoeCichlid Send a message via Yahoo to JoeCichlid
Chrome

If the weather holds out we will be shooting centerfire until the end of Oct or into November. Hope to see you back out there soon.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:31 PM
Gibletks
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
i would like to take part in any KS online matches as well and am looking for a range to become a member to. Give me a PM when anyone hears of a Range trip to Millcreek.

I also shoot at Parma Woods in MO, If anyone here does as well, give me a call or PM when you go shoot. I would enjoy company.

Chris Gibson

number
Old 09-30-2005, 09:05 PM
Chrome

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well, like Joe said, they shoot Pins every Wed. night at 6:30, I'm sure someone there would show you around a bit if you got there an hour early or so...
I keep saying I'm going to go out at least once a week and shoot paper (I'm a member), but stuff keeps getting in the way...
Old 09-30-2005, 09:25 PM
BigMac

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
OK. I can't promise anything, but what would you guys say to next Saturday or Sunday for a morning trip to the range?
Old 10-01-2005, 10:00 AM
Chrome

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMac
OK. I can't promise anything, but what would you guys say to next Saturday or Sunday for a morning trip to the range?
Can't do anything next weekend. My oldest is flying home from Ft. Eustis, Va (he's in AIT, Chinook mechanic, Army) for the four day weekend to see his son that was born yesterday.