Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-04-2003, 09:35 PM
canvasbak

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Talking New here, Please don't beat me!

I just got a Rem. Viper 522, for basicly free. my question is: is there any way to adjust the trigger? and were can I get extra clips? I plan on using this gun on the trap line and don't care if it gets beat up or not. It will be interesting to see if the bearrel can withstand a coyote biting it. I plan on getting a better .22 in the spring when I have more money. Thanks Canvasbak
Old 11-04-2003, 10:31 PM
BigMac
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Welcome!

Glad to have you here. And for the record we don't beat the new guys until they run out of beer money!

Got one of those Viper .22's for free huh. Well, the good news is most folks here will tell you that you got your moneys worth!

If you use that on a trap line for a coyote, better make sure the first round counts. They aren't known for being really reliable. I'd definatly do some testing with different ammos to see if you can find one that works the best. As for adjusting the trigger, anything can be adjusted, it just depends on how skilled you are with the tools. To my knowledge there is no "adjustment" built into the viper's trigger mech but if you're good with a stone you should be able to smooth it up a little.

Good luck!
Old 11-04-2003, 10:45 PM
canvasbak

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Open sites at 30 to 35 yards I can keep the shots in a 3 inch circle and the round of 5 shots in a 1 1/2 inch circle. thats using rem target loads.

I have never worked on a rifle before. sorry. I have a salvage 22-250 that I love and should get one of their .22 to make a set.

Thanks for the reply.