Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-10-2020, 10:02 PM
dufferDave
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I guess I'm the oddball here

I carry a no-name dollar store 2 inch folder.

I have been too many places where I had to drop my "weapons" in the trash before I could enter. I stopped carrying anything expensive a looooong time ago.

Hey, it still takes an edge (that usually lasts a whole day or so) and opens boxes and cuts packing straps. And it is with me when I need it, not like the fancy ones back home in the closet.
Old 07-13-2020, 06:35 AM
e40

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Another one, a Todd Davison slipjoint.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2071 1.jpg (256.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 07-29-2020, 07:20 PM
tlhodgson
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dufferDave View Post
I carry a no-name dollar store 2 inch folder.

I have been too many places where I had to drop my "weapons" in the trash before I could enter. I stopped carrying anything expensive a looooong time ago.

Hey, it still takes an edge (that usually lasts a whole day or so) and opens boxes and cuts packing straps. And it is with me when I need it, not like the fancy ones back home in the closet.
Dave, I used to do the same thing, and it makes a lot of sense. When I was 14, my dad gave me a Case pocket knife which I was very proud of. I carried it for 10 years, then lost it in the field at Ft Carson. For the next 20 years I carried cheap knives with no sentimental value, and lost many of them on jumps and during deployments. The last one I carried was a cheapy walmart knife that cost $5. It was a pretty good knife in all respects. Lost it on a jump.

Now that I'm finally leaving the service, I've transitioned back to knives I can be proud of. I carry a Buck 110 at work, and love it. When I'm not at work, I carry one of the new Buck Sprint Selects. I really like it. Never been a believer in flippers, but this one is fine.
Old 07-29-2020, 07:43 PM
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to James Cottrell
Just got a Ontario RAT 1. Out of the box sharp. Well made at a great price to boot.
Old 07-30-2020, 12:50 PM
john the plinker
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Most days I carry a Buck Bantam and a Leatherman that I can't remember what model it is. Both are cheap enough that if I break or lose them its no big deal. On days when I want something a little nicer I carry a J. Marttiinni MFK in curly birch. On rare occasions I want a fixed blade I carry either a J.Marttiinni Lynx or Condor. Yeah, I like Finnish knives!
Old 07-30-2020, 01:52 PM
JMKnowles

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Recently started carrying a Buck Spitfire. I really like this knife, and love Buck's being made in the good ol USA, and Buck's great warranty !

Old 07-30-2020, 08:12 PM
Big Pete10
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Right now it's a Case Pocket Worn Red 2 blade Teardrop. Also have a Case Canoe and a Mini Yellow Trapper. The Trapper and the Canoe are carbon steel. I also have a very small Bear Lock back. I have several other knives but 1 of these 4 is the one I'm likely to have in my pocket.
Old 07-30-2020, 09:13 PM
Trigger1212
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Kershaw Leek (sp?), non serrated blade, black. For the money, $35-40 just plain hard to beat.

Wade
Old 07-30-2020, 10:08 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (51)
Lately I have been carried this old Kabar that an old friend added buffalo horn scales and filework on the backspring. Unfortunately it is a poor edge holder and needs sharpened often.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4665.jpg (592.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4666.jpg (579.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-31-2020, 01:00 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
For anyone doing any actual, serious cutting with their EDC, l would strongly recommend you move to one of the super-steels. My fav is S110v, but there are several others.