The Watering Hole 9-2-2019 - Page 28 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 08:34 AM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post
Here we can at least eat vicariously w/the Mayor, but do avoid the less than tasty spelling errors, eh? It is said that there are folks yet to experience shrimp & grits or a newspaper w/a pile of mud bugs awaiting dismantling on it! Hard to imagine, but suppose there must be some truth tuit.
And fried chicken gizzards.

Morning. Summer is back. Hot and humid for the this week. Getting ready for Church. Busy week [Mon. and Tues., meetings. Farms Wed. and Thurs.] ahead.

Hope all are OK.

Enjoy the week.
Old 09-08-2019, 08:42 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Eagles View Post
[COLOR="Magenta"] Farms Wed. and Thurs.] ahead.
You have an early season for bow hunting? Crossbow allowed? Turnips and clover food plots getting hit? Trail cam pix of the big ones? Details man, details!!
Old 09-08-2019, 08:50 AM
alum572
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (44)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Eagles View Post
And fried chicken gizzards.

Morning. Summer is back. Hot and humid for the this week. Getting ready for Church. Busy week [Mon. and Tues., meetings. Farms Wed. and Thurs.] ahead.

Hope all are OK.

Enjoy the week.
No chicken gizzards but there is a Lion's Fly-in Breakfast today at the airport. Raining so imagine the turn out will be light. Some years there are impressive 51's and such but thinking not on a wet day. Gotta settle for second rate sausages with the 'cakes.

You have those fly-ins where you live?
Old 09-08-2019, 08:58 AM
mdew

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alum572 View Post

You have those fly-ins where you live?
When our daughter was in the aviation fraternity in college we would go to fly in pancake breakfast fundraiser. The school is a few miles from Whiteman Air Force base, there was usually a few Blackhawk and Apache helicopters fly in and the A10 s or B2 would do a couple fly overs.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:54 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Taken of my front porch a few years ago.
They used to come to the small local airport about this time each year. Their route when giving rides would usually pass over us.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:56 AM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
I load ni, . . . , nin, . . . .356" (I cast my own)

A dear friend passed by a little bit ago. His kids are growed now. One of them is going to do a stand up comedy routine at a theater tonight.
I'm going to go with them.

No range tomorrow. I plan on working on my truck project. (Or possibly nursing a hangover)

In that vein, . . .

I went to Harbor Freight to buy the tarp for the 'poor man's fiberglass', but forgot my 20% off coupon. The nice young lady behind the counter promptly produced one for me.

Then I went to Lowes to buy the wood, glue and paint. There was a forklift moving some 6x6's around on the isle I needed, so I gathered up the paint and glue I needed. Then I waited. Then I waited some more. I was in that store an hour, and they still had not moved a few 6x6's . I left my cart and left in frustration.
I could have moved that lumber by hand in that time, and I'm ten times the forklift operator that goober is that was behind the wheel today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szumi View Post
Existential seems to be quite popular with those that want to control every aspect of other peoples lives.
I like watching where they take a series of clips from commentators saying the same thing one after another. No talking points there?

I wonder what we would do if we saw one coming big enough to cause an extinction event? Do we have the technology and equipment to nudge it enough to miss us? How far out can we spot a 3 to 10 mile wide rock? I'm thinking if it happens it is KYAG time if you are on the wrong side of the globe.

Sorry about your friend. I've been in Home Despot when they lock down a aisle and take forever. If they go long, I'll call out to them to grab what I need and bring it to me.

Words said by people that don't even have one gun and two rounds of ammo and probably couldn't figure out how to put the two rounds in that one gun. /rant off
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Sorry about your friend Don.
I've noticed everything is funnier to those who've had a few or more.

Fine tuned the gate latch, hosed the bird crap off the deck, and a fe other chores in the basement. My toof bridge didn't fit comfortably so I dremeled a bit more off the underside in hopes of using w/o pain.
WI cob corn was good tonight, again.

In the 4th lap to go #18, K. Busch was in 3rd place when the 2 guys ahead of him wiped out! Talk about lucky. 96 Xfinity checker flags, bestest ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye57 View Post
Your the second one that said they where sorry about Dons friend.
He said his friend passed by, not on.

I haven't had an ear of corn since it put me in the hospital for 10 days in 1994.
I sure do miss it, did you put lots of butter on it.
Good reading comprehension skills, . . . , yet, . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Sorry to hear about your friend passing Don.

Brent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szumi View Post
RFC locked up last night for me so I went to bed. Then I got up and retrieved my range I parked by the front door and brought it back to the bedroom. What was I thinking. Wasn't.

White paint, photons, time. I hope our number doesn't come up.

Misread your post Don.

I had some factory .338WM brass crack in the shoulder. I'm going with an annealing step missed. Cartridge you posted doesn't show signs of OOB firing.

Hoppe's getting on the brass?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Season_cracking
Yes, Wes. Yes you did. See what you started?

Passed By is a colloquialism for 'visited', and not as in the River Styx.

Wait until Cboy finds out he's dead. He'll think it's hilarious.
Speaking of hilarious: His son is genuinely funny. It was three sets of improv comedy, and I think Colton was the most talented of them all. Of course, this doesn't surprise me. Him being an Eagle Scout and all. He's always excelled at anything he tried.
There was a whole summer, years ago, that Colton made the journey to the range with me every week. He quickly became a better shot than I.
Kid's just got mad skillz at whatever he sticks his finger in.
I think he was glad to see me there.

I got home early. Early this morning. Like 0100 hrs.
Cat woke me up at 0500. I fed her, let her out, and went back to sleep until 0900.
Glad I didn't plan on going to the range today.

I'll start on the top on Tuesday. It's already too hot outside for me to want to go to Lowes.

Karens' off making groceries at Sprawlmart.

Sophie: That's just a defect in the brass that occurred during extrusion. If you look at where the crack started, you'll notice a small defect. That was the stress riser that initiated the crack.
A good clue that it is defective brass is the white Winchester box it came out of.

If'n your gifting brass, please, no more. You have absolutely no idea how much ni, nin, . . . 355 brass I have currently.
I'm not really motivated to load it either.
Now, If you have any .30 Luger, .45 Colt, or .32 of any variety I'd gladly store them in my ballistic lab for ya.

I think I will go out to the ballistic lab, and pass some time, (No I'm not passing this mortal earth today, I hope)

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:34 AM
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
Wait until Cboy finds out he's dead. He'll think it's hilarious.

"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated!"

-Mark Twain

R
Old 09-08-2019, 10:45 AM
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Flip!

R