I am soooo green with air pistols!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-05-2018, 09:32 AM
Bolero
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
98% (42)
Sig Air

I've been reading about the New Sig Air Division of Sig Sauer or Sig Arms...

Sig has decided to wind down its Licensing agreement connection with Cybergun (France) to exclusively manufacture its Air Pistol ASP line in house...
this is a big deal and will add to the Quality, Accuracy and Authentictiy of Sig ASP Pistols...

I look for some new and innovative Pistols from Sig Air....
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...attach/jpg.gif
Chuck
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...1&d=1541440693

PB040010.jpg

PB050019.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PB050027.jpg (521.0 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Bolero; 11-05-2018 at 12:11 PM.
Old 11-05-2018, 12:27 PM
Bolero

TPC Rating: 
98% (42)
Accuracy....

Here IMO are the most contributing factors towards Airgun accuracy...

1. Barrel
2. Trigger pull
3. Shooters Technique
4. Type of Pellet
Old 11-18-2018, 04:59 PM
56S

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I shot one of these at the Pyramyd Cup demo area this year. Almost bought one. I was very impressed with the accuracy of it.

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Air_V..._Air_Pistol/61

Single pump, easy to operate.

Old 12-29-2018, 03:15 AM
mje
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
I’ve owned a few Crosman 2300 and 2400 pistols. While they’re a super bargain, the stock triggers are absolute *&[email protected]#. This can be fixed by adding an aftermarket trigger bar, but it’ll never be a match trigger. The Crosman PCP pistols are better- I seem to recall that one uses or can use the Marauder trigger.

If you want something for serious indoor firearms practice, single stroke or PCP is the way to go. The cheapest I know of is the Gamo Compact, now being sold by Pyramyd under their own name (Air Venturi). Not a fantastic trigger, but it’s capable of very good scores.

Used CO2 powered match guns can sometimes be found at good prices. I don’t think there are any match repeaters that have been made in a long time, but there are still some Feinwerkbau C55 and similar guns out there.
Old 12-30-2018, 08:51 AM
steveo1989
Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I am an avid shooter / builder of Crosman 1377/1322 airguns. With very little work, they can be made to shoot pretty darn well, but they are pumpers. For my 10m range in the basement, I use 4 pumps. All of my 1377s have been converted to .22.

That being said, I have also had a couple 2400s made from the Crosman custom shop. Although nice, they do not have the quality components that you can get aftermarket. The 2400 and 1377 are probably the "10/22 of the airgun world."

For accuracy and cheap shooting, I have a single-cock RWS 9N. I have had it for years and it is still going strong. It is a bit of an odd-looking beast, but at 10m, it will spit pellets into one hole. I don't know how hard they are to find, but if you can find one, I think it will meet your bill.

All that being said, I just bought my first PCP rifle - a Marauder in .22 caliber. I love the concept of using pre compressed air for multiple shots without having to buy CO2 (The pump is an up-front cost that will start dwindling every time I don't buy a CO2 cartridge), and I got this for about half price in a sale before Christmas. I'm use to shooting springer rifles like the RWS 34 and 48.

Why am I mentioning air rifles in a pistol thread? Well, because while researching the Marauder, I stumbled upon my next purchase - The Diana Bandit PCP air pistol. It looks like EXACTLY what I want for trigger time in my basement.

-Steve

Old 12-30-2018, 09:17 AM
mje

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
The Bandit is very intriguing. Iím very curious to hear what you think of it- especially the trigger.
Old 12-30-2018, 09:46 AM
steveo1989
Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Pun intended - I'm pulling the trigger on the bandit today, so it will not be in hand for a few days. It uses the same pump / adapter as my marauder, so that is a win-win.

Regarding the Crosman 2300 trigger, there are several things that can be done. First, get a roller trigger. Then, polish the sear. Replace the spring with a lighter spring. Polish the pivot pins for sear and trigger. Shim the trigger and sear to eliminate side to side movement. Polish the hammer (at least where it engages the sear). Lastly, install an over travel stop screw. This is the same trigger assembly in the 1377, 1322, and 2400, so this info will work on any of them.

Last edited by steveo1989; 12-30-2018 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-14-2019, 06:47 AM
rugerguy211

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have two Crosman Vigilante CO2 pistols.
Each has provided 50 consistent shots from a cartridge.
Each has also held gas for 1-2 months.
For accuracy they don't compare to my Daisy 747, but they are a more than adequate starter for 10 meter competitions, imo.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:48 AM
Bolero

TPC Rating: 
98% (42)
CO2

I have CO2 pistols only, 7 of them...I always leave the CO2 cylinders in them after shooting, never had a problem....I always use a drop of oil on the end.
I have gone back after a month and still shot 15 or 20 shots before needing a new CO2...I have found my best pistols to be Single shot, Bolt Actions a Crosman 2300T and a Diana Chaser...
Old 06-23-2019, 03:19 PM
Darrell Davis

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Interesting comments, and I'm still thinking this subject over.

Have been thinking about the Walther CP99 - CO2 pistol. Any comments?

Doesn't sound like the double action trigger is all that great and that is a concern considering I shoot a tricked out RUGER Mark II during the slow, timed, rapid - 50' indoor pistol season.

I put a few shots through my Beeman P3 within the last few days. Great trigger!

But I don't like the cocking and with big hands/fingers getting a pellet in the barrel is the PITS!!!!!!!!!

Really would like something that more closely shoots like my RUGER Mark II.

Doubt I have a hundred pellets down the tube, guess I should look for a new home for the Beeman. $230 is a fair bit of change laying around for something I don't like to shoot!

Anyway, would still like to be able to do off season practice, in my shop!

Meaning little to NO time required between shots and NO singly feeding pellets in a hard to reach barrel.

Guess I might be willing to buy a hand pump for a PCP type pistol if it is NOT a single shot and then fight to get the next pellet loaded.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Last edited by Darrell Davis; 06-23-2019 at 03:25 PM.
Old 06-23-2019, 05:59 PM
mje

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
What you want is an old Crosman Mark-I or Mark-II air pistol. Looks like a Ruger, excellent accuracy. Several airgunsmiths customize them. They havenít been made in a long time but there are many floating about, if you can convince the owner to sell. I had one and wish Iíd kept it.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:56 AM
rockdrill

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell Davis View Post
Anyway, would still like to be able to do off season practice, in my shop!
Meaning little to NO time required between shots and NO singly feeding pellets in a hard to reach barrel.
Guess I might be willing to buy a hand pump for a PCP type pistol if it is NOT a single shot and then fight to get the next pellet loaded.
Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
Darrell,

Having read through your postings, I think you are looking for an almost impossible item.

No matter which way we look at it, the power source for an air pistol is going to be more cumbersome than the convenience of a 22rf or other type of cartridge.

Fundamentally I see two options of air pistol type, unless money is not an object.

First off there are the CO2 powered multi-shot pistols, whilst many of these are styled on actual firearms they are mostly built for the plinking market so accuracy is not always as good as it could be.

You mention the Walther CP88, these actually aren't bad, however, they are fundamentally a revolver dressed up to look like a semi-auto pistol so the trigger isn't what you would expect.

Second there are the single shot pistols that can be spring-piston, single stroke, multi-pump, CO2 or pre-charged pneumatic.

These vary from simple plinkers to sophisticated and expensive match pistols.

There are some pistols that offer multi-shot capability although a number of these will be manually operated repeaters.

The number of pistols that offer a more semi-auto operation are much thinner on the ground.

The very best of these is going to be the likes of the Steyr LP50, but expect a serious price tag to go with it.

For all round fun with semi-auto, respectable power and decent accuracy then for me the old Crosman 600 takes some beating, but, these are long out of production and are often seen as collectors items.

I hope this helps a bit and that you find a practice pistol that suits your needs.
Old Yesterday, 10:53 PM
Darrell Davis

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Well, I jumped in and bought a Crossman 2300T and a cheep Red Dot sight.

After buying a Leupold red dot for my RUGER Slab Side, this red dot was almost unbelievably cheep!

The Beeman P3 trigger is better, and I have adjusted the Crossman trigger as light as I can get it. Let off is OK, but there a fair amount of creep where the Beeman has none.

However, for my use this Crossman is going to be a winner.

Even with the Red Dot mounted it is MUCH easier to get a pellet into the barrel then with my big fingers on the Beeman.

Now I need to build a pellet/bullet trap and find a home for the barely fired Beeman.

But the Crossman will give me the needed practice during the off season of indoor pistol shooting.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
Old Today, 07:38 AM
mje

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
https://www.airgundepot.com/the-famo...r-article.html
Old Today, 09:09 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I have never been able to love a CO2.
Pump ups got tiring, but my Crossman was accurate, and that in the day I was competing in NRA 50' Bullseye. My basement practice translated to higher scores in BE.
Then Daisy came out with the 717 sgl.stroke pneumo. Got one and still have it, think this is 35 yrs on. It is big and chunky, but works well, or did the last time I had it out (some years now, Im afraid). I like sgl.stroke pneumo's for shooting qualities but it seems they necessarily must be chunky. My springers are hard to shoot well, but, imo, if you can you likely can shoot anything well. Our RWS Mdl 5 break barrel is easy to use and all shooting is practice, aint it. And break barrels expose the breech so loading is as easy as it can get. If you like the swept back grip angle they will 'fit', if you must have more '1911', then no.
I built a quick&dirty 'temp' target trap back then and it still works great (so much for temp, lol). The box is a Romex house wiring box with a scrap piece of heavy duty ripstop nylon handing inside. A strip of cork on the top front lets me pin targets up. Once the pellet pierces the target paper and gets 'inside' the semi-flex hanging fabric absorbs the pellet force and it falls to the bottom to be recycled into cast bullets. Point is that it is easy to make a trap that wont pitch pellets backatcha, at least for pistols.
10yd/mtr was Ok, I kinda liked 15 if I had the room, that back when I could shoot well. Now closer is better......
Spose I outta get that old 717 out and shoot it...or move it on....

Last edited by gcrank1; Today at 01:24 PM.