Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

ARMSCOR ?

4K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  jaia 
#1 · (Edited)
ARMSCOR 22 mag 40 GR JHP I have never seen this brand before good or bad ? $11.00 a box .

#3 ·
Around here, they charge a premium for it, up to $17.99. If I could get it for $11, yeah, it would be good. The local places stock CCI and Hornady, and that's about it. Once in awhile, we can stumble across some Winchester, and the Armscor stuff. At that price ($18/50), I won't buy it, either. I was able to get some Fiocchi once, and it shot pretty well.

Luckily, my rifle seems to tolerate CCI fairly well, and shoots the Hornady fairly decently. The Hornady is best in my Ruger American.

#6 ·
It's fine

I had bought some about ten years ago and just finishing it up. It's similar to the 40grain Winchester JHP ammo. You may not get tiny groups, but you aren't going to get really big groups either from this ammo. My marlin 882 likes it just fine. I would not pay a premium for this ammo if I could get Winchester Cheaper. It does not have coated bullets like CCI but a real jacket like Winchester.

#7 ·
I only have one 22 mag, and that's a Ruger SSS 9-1/2" convertible. For me the Armscor 40 gr JHP has done very well. It shoots to the same POI as Winchester and gave the same size groups with no sight adjustments required. Worked quite well on woodchucks, so it expanded well too. :t

#8 ·
Armscor 22 wmr

I've used the Armscor 22 WMR with very few issues. It's one of the few brands that my Excel 22 wmr likes. It also works well in my Keltec CMR 30 although my PMR 30 doesn't care for it. Also works great in my RIA XTM 22 mag.

So I guess it it depends on the weapon and if it's a revolver or bolt action rifle one shouldn't have a problem, at least I don't with my Ruger single 6 or my Marlin bolt action.

#14 ·
ARMSCOR

Hi mates ,flashxl of Australia here ,the Armscor u blokes use are the same as our Highland 40gr ,they have the same head stamp and ours are made in the Phillipines ,they are cheap as chips and shoot great in my ruger American rimfire ,top medicine for wild dogs ,foxes ,roos :bthumb:

#15 ·
ARMSCOR

Hi all flashxl from Australia here, the armscor u blokes use are the same as the Highland 40gr .22mag we use here but our are made in the Philipines ,and mate do they shoot great out of my ruger ,top medicine for wild dogs ,foxes , and skippy,a tad hard on the old bunny though :D

#18 ·
I have used Armscor for years and it shoots right with my Winchester 40gr loads at 100 yards. And unlike the Winchester that I have an occasional failure to fire or a split case because with 22 mag the alloy for the case has to be just right, soft enough to crush the rim but not so hard it splits from pressure I have never had an Armscor case fail me.

When Sportsman Guide had it for $5.65 a box I joined the saver club to get free shipping and bought 4,000 rounds of it. Here is the best deal I have found on it lately. The shipping is high but not if you buy in bulk. Thats the only way I buy.

https://www.outdoorlimited.com/rimf...jhp-40-grain-jacketed-hollow-point-50-rounds/

I have read that Armscor makes the 22 mag ammo for Fiocchi and that ammo has an excellent reputation for quality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.