How did I do? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-18-2019, 07:28 PM
AZYoungGun

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
How did I do?

So I picked up a MKII off the Trading Post here awhile ago and liked it a lot. It came with a custom scope rail but no sights, so I'm still working on buying peeps (I have a Redfield Palma, just need the adapter rail and a globe setup up front).

Anyway, I liked it enough that when I saw this listed on GB w/ a Buy It Now price of $1099, I jumped at it. The photos don't show a TON of close detail, but overall everything looks great, and the seller had very good feedback. But given what all is included, I feel I did OK.

It's a MKIII that appears to have a PH peep/globe setup (I'm guessing a PH25C at the rear), a forward rest/hold (never used one, don't know what their proper name is), a stock modified to allow adjustment with a butt hook, a second rear stock that appears to have been modified for a standard pad that can adjust for height, and a Lyman Super TargetSpot scope that appears to be in excellent condition overall. While the listing didn't state what the magnification was, everything I could find on them had them valued at $400 at the low end, and upwards of $900 on the top end (like new, with box, papers, etc.) based on sold listings on the ol' eBay.

I'm heading out for an anniversary trip, so it'll be a few days before I can send payment and FFL info. As such, I'm looking at probably two weeks before I have it in hand, total. But I'll update this thread with photos once I have them.

Based on the photos, how'd I do?

Old 05-18-2019, 08:18 PM
A square 10
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
i would be more than happy with that - congrats
Old 05-19-2019, 09:08 AM
ghgs

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Looks like you did real good...

Old 05-19-2019, 12:15 PM
epoletna
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mk III

Nice looking rifle, and I think you did well. It appears the scope might be 10 or 15X, which would be nice. I'm not sure how you use a second buttstock, so if you decide you want to sell it I might be interested.
Old 05-19-2019, 03:58 PM
Gillis2

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Nice rifle. You did good

Gilbert
Old 05-25-2019, 05:45 PM
TheMoff

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Oh.

Jammy bar steward.