Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Alternative stocks for Marlin xt-17

16K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  xxzues1992xx 
#1 ·
Hi!
A while ago i bought a Marlin xt-17 with a synthetic stock. I am looking to see if there are any better stocks that fits, cause what i got, i'm not that happy with.
Thankful for any help! 🙂

#2 · (Edited)
IIRC the XT17 was .17HMR, so all the XT22-M stocks will fit...that -M being the
important part, as the .22LR stocks are a shorter action/inletting and won't fit.

That also means all the previous Magnum Models with TOP HAT bolts will work as well.
980VS/925M/25MN/25M/etc...

RFC member Diversified Innovative Products has a selection of Boyd's stocks.
https://www.diproductsinc.com/Products.aspx?CAT=8796

You can also slap it in pretty much any Airsoft bolt-action stock you feel like...
DefconSkyLude of Calguns & RFC has stuffed 'em in some pretty awesome stocks!!
Google him for some wild ideas :)

Special Note...yes those are all drop-in installations except the airsoft...
BUT...they almost always work better if you bed them.
A full glass job or Pillar bed, either will usually work wonders.
Mostly the choice is a personal taste issue with a .22WMR, whichever you feel comfortable doing.

So once you get a new stock, you slap the rifle in, go shoot it, and see how it acts.
Once a performance baseline is established, I usually go with a pillar bed job, due to EASE.
Then back to the range for testing...at least 200 rounds.

And there ya go :)

#4 ·
Thanks alot 🙂 i have been looking on some of the tips you gave me, and it looks promising 🙂 just have to find the stock i want now, and it's so much to choose from 😀 i would like a "semi-tactical" stock with adjustments as pri one, but as the stock i have is so bad, i'll settle with less 😜

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.