60 grain subsonic - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-14-2021, 09:28 AM
67GT

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
60 grain subsonic

I purchased a 1:9 twist bull barrel from E. Arthur Brown Company, Inc for my SR-22

rifle.

I converted it to shoot nothing but 60 grain Aguila subsonic since I have a few bricks.

I outfitted with a Hawke Vantage IR 3-9X40 Rimfire .22 LR Subsonic IR scope and a can. Fun to shoot and accurate.
Old 10-14-2021, 01:55 PM
Jim38885

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've shot the 60gr in my factory TA barrel. Shotgun pattern results and a bunch of keyholes. The Aguila 60 shot OK, sorta, in my CZ 457. Also saw a regular low velocity shot, easily 100-150 fps less than others over a MagnetoSpeed, could see it in hit placement at 25 yards.

Nice to know there's an option to make it work. Have you experienced the occasional velocity drop?

Jim
Old 10-14-2021, 02:44 PM
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Barefoot Bay, Florida and Cape Cod, Massachusetts
TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
1:8 twist barrel liner in a Remington 521T

I have a good supply of the 60 gr. .22 Long Rifle ammunition. I quickly discovered it would not stay stable, pointy end first, in my rifles. One would do almost ok, but only at short range. So I had a gunsmith get a 1:8 twist barrel liner for a Remington 521T rifle and it shoots these heavy for caliber bullets very well. And the standard 40 gr. bullets shoot well also.

I guess if I had to go to minimalist survival conditions it might be the rifle and ammo to have. This bullet has a lot of penetrating ability and put in the right place would kill anything I am likely to bump into in the New England woods. But such are the day dreams that help us gun people justify what we buy and what we do. It is not legal for deer, but would serve a poacher very well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2021, 03:02 PM
67GT

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I believe these 60 grains run better if your using a suppressor. As far as loss of velocity, I haven't experienced it with these rounds.

I get decent groups on paper with 40 gr too but only at shorter distances like 30 yards