Drop-in 2-Stage Match Trigger - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-12-2021, 07:12 PM
Madcow0269

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Drop-in 2-Stage Match Trigger

Been shooting my Tippmann in NRL22 matches and would like to replace the trigger with a 2-stage match trigger.

Any brands available like Timney that will drop in and work?
Old 04-13-2021, 08:49 AM
Pipes1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have the Timney two stage and very happy with the feel. It wasn't a direct drop in but fortunately I live close so took my Tippmann down and they did a bit of modification to the trigger to make it work. Mine was the first Tippmann they had tried but now they know and you can order one from them. Just make sure you tell them it will be for a Tippmann.
Old 04-13-2021, 09:27 AM
Sir

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Are you saying Timney offers a trigger group that will drop in without any modification to the Tippman M4?

Tell me how your Timney differs from the OEM trigger and which model Timney are you using... Thx.

Last edited by Sir; 04-13-2021 at 09:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2021, 10:16 AM
Pipes1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The two stage is a completely different feel where you pull the trigger a bit before hitting a wall. From there it is just 2lbs pull for a really crisp feel. Some seem to be OK with the original trigger but mine felt like it was full of grit and jerky to pull where the Timmney is smooth as can be.

No modification was required to the Tippmann but they had to shave a bit off of the area of the trigger where it contacts the safety. You have to talk to them so they know what it is you have and can make the adjustments.

The model designations have changed but this would be the one I got.
https://timneytriggers.com/ar-targa-...short-trigger/

Not everyone likes the two stage but they can make the same adjustments to their single stages and are very willing to discuss differences and options.

Last edited by Pipes1; 04-13-2021 at 10:18 AM.
Old 04-13-2021, 11:47 AM
Madcow0269

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Can you show a pic of what got modified with your trigger?
Old 04-13-2021, 01:29 PM
Pipes1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcow0269 View Post
Can you show a pic of what got modified with your trigger?
Sorry Madcow but wouldn't be able to shot it without taking out of the gun. They just shaved a bit off of the tang that contacts the safety of the Tippmann.
Old 04-13-2021, 08:45 PM
Madcow0269

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I guess it's wont be too hard to figure out what needs filing down. I'll order the same Timney trigger and go from there.

I currently have an Elftmann installed and it's a great trigger for fast action shooting but for precision work, I like a good 2-stage.
Old 04-24-2021, 04:36 PM
HauntedMyst

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipes1 View Post
I have the Timney two stage and very happy with the feel. It wasn't a direct drop in but fortunately I live close so took my Tippmann down and they did a bit of modification to the trigger to make it work. Mine was the first Tippmann they had tried but now they know and you can order one from them. Just make sure you tell them it will be for a Tippmann.
Great info! Thank you for sharing!
Old 04-26-2021, 08:52 AM
schadavi

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcow0269 View Post
I guess it's wont be too hard to figure out what needs filing down. I'll order the same Timney trigger and go from there.
My Timney fit in without any adjustment. No idea which one exactly it is, my gunsmith had one "left over from a match gun" that I got for very little money. It's a golden one with a straigt trigger, single stage.
Old 05-07-2021, 03:50 PM
Funnone

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here is the one from Elf, they told me is a direct drop-in for the Tippmann M4-22 https://www.elftactical.com/Elf-Matc...stem_p_51.html
Old 05-13-2021, 11:22 AM
toppkatt

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Just FYI, I called Timney today to order the AR Targa short 2 stage trigger and the person I spoke with didn't know about the modification for the Tippmann M4. He said he knew some rifles, specifically the HK, needed to be trimmed but he wasn't sure about the Tippman. So beware if you order it might still have to be modified and it doesn't appear to be a standard factory modification.
I.E. it may not be a 'drop-in'

Last edited by toppkatt; 05-27-2021 at 01:20 PM.
Old 05-17-2021, 07:37 PM
toppkatt

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toppkatt View Post
Just FYI, I called Timney today to order the Arga short 2 stage trigger and the person I spoke with didn't know about the modification for the Tippmann M4. He said he knew some rifles, specifically the HK, needed to be trimmed but he wasn't sure about the Tippman. So beware if you order it might still have to be modified and it doesn't appear to be a standard factory modification.
I.E. it may not be a 'drop-in'
An update, I received the trigger and installed it with little issues (just remember to tighten the set screws under the hammer springs after you insert the trigger and hammer pins and you're golden:-) ). The safety worked fine with no issue and no need to shorten anything.
Also to the member who asked about the Timney trigger, it is a 'unitized' construct, meaning the trigger, disconnector, hammer and hammer spring are inserted as a unit ( two plates with pins hold the parts together). AFA the two stage goes, you just have to try it to feel the difference. The two stage has two parts to the sear release which allows a 4 pound pull but broken down to 2, two pound legs. The first stage is two pounds and you hit a 'wall' then by continuing to apply two more pounds the second stage lets the sear go with no creep or over travel. For target shooting it is great.
Buy the Timney with confidence, but the LaRue MBT won't fit or work well without major surgery.

Hope this helps! For the record, the original trigger is a single stage and is not bad, but for target shooting I prefer a 2 stage. While the original did not feel gritty or overly heavy it WAS very long uptake before release and there was some over-travel when the sear released.

Last edited by toppkatt; 05-30-2021 at 09:15 PM. Reason: compare to original trigger
Old 05-21-2021, 05:22 PM
toppkatt

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Went to the range this week to test out my new Tippmann and the Timney 2 stage trigger I installed. From the bench at 50 Yds, using Wolf MT ammunition and a Holosun sight I shot a 10 shot group I could cover with a penny. Not bad, I think I'll keep it.
True, not MOA (about 1.5MOA which is smaller than the 2MOA dot on the Holosun sight)), but then a first outing with new gun, first ammo tried, new trigger and new sighting system...I'm okay with the results.

Last edited by toppkatt; 05-23-2021 at 10:29 AM.
Old 05-29-2021, 06:56 PM
Bonn2015
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by toppkatt View Post
An update, I received the trigger and installed it with little issues (just remember to tighten the set screws under the hammer springs after you insert the trigger and hammer pins and you're golden:-) ). The safety worked fine with no issue and no need to shorten anything.
Also to the member who asked about the Timney trigger, it is a 'unitized' construct, meaning the trigger, disconnector, hammer and hammer spring are inserted as a unit ( two plates with pins hold the parts together). AFA the two stage goes, you just have to try it to feel the difference. The two stage has two parts to the sear release which allows a 4 pound pull but broken down to 2, two pound legs. The first stage is two pounds and you hit a 'wall' then by continuing to apply two more pounds the second stage lets the sear go with no creep or over travel. For target shooting it is great.
Buy the Timney with confidence, but the LaRue MBT won't fit or work well without major surgery.
Hope this helps!
I got my Timney AR6625-ST and installed today . They have super installation instructions and nice decales come with it. I like this rifle. If you don`t know about it watch 22 plinkster on U Tube .
Old 05-29-2021, 07:30 PM
toppkatt

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Don't forget the range report(s).

Last edited by toppkatt; 05-31-2021 at 11:08 AM.