M4-22 Pro Sling Mounts - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-27-2021, 04:39 PM
jeffkoz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Question M4-22 Pro Sling Mounts

I'm very new to guns in general (only started shooting in August, purchased my Tippmann as my first gun last week), so apologies if this is kind of a newbie question.

I bought a sling to use with my M4-22 Pro, and since the brochure states it has both front and rear sling mounts, I assumed I didn't need any additional hardware. However, after looking at the sling and the gun I can't figure out where the front attachment point is.

Also, should I attach the rear sling mount to the stock, or to the plate between the stock and the buffer tube?

Lastly, if there are any accessories that you guys would recommend and I might not have thought of, let me know!
Old 09-29-2021, 02:55 PM
mostly22lately

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkoz View Post
I'm very new to guns in general (only started shooting in August, purchased my Tippmann as my first gun last week), so apologies if this is kind of a newbie question.

I bought a sling to use with my M4-22 Pro, and since the brochure states it has both front and rear sling mounts, I assumed I didn't need any additional hardware. However, after looking at the sling and the gun I can't figure out where the front attachment point is.

Also, should I attach the rear sling mount to the stock, or to the plate between the stock and the buffer tube?

Lastly, if there are any accessories that you guys would recommend and I might not have thought of, let me know!
The topic of slings is rather broad and deep. There's no one kind of sling, nor one purpose, and then there's many different ways to use one.

Some people don't like them at all. Others feel they are useful only for transporting the rifle. Still others use one or more slings as a key part of improved platform for marksmanship. Each purpose can indicate different slings and/or mount types and hardware.

Aren't you glad you asked?

You M4-22 can easily accommodate multiple types of sling mounts and already comes with one (or two, depending on the sling).

I am going to strongly recommend you look into rifle training from this organization https://appleseedinfo.org where you can learn a LOT more.

And, I mean, a LOT.
Old 10-01-2021, 02:11 PM
RMarkus
Law Enforcement Officer Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
As stated above, there is no real simple answer with slings. I have my preferences as do most people, but there are many different types of slings and ways to mount them.

The Tippman doesn't have a front sling mount. The easiest way to get a sling mounted IMO is to get a M-Lok QD (quick detach for push button sling swivels) mount for the handguard such as one made by Magpul or Arisaka. You can then get a QD swivel for your sling and mount it that way.

The plate on the back of the receiver is one place to mount the sling at the rear, but I prefer it to be mounted to the rear portion of the stock. I changed my stock out for one with a built in QD mount.

I second looking into Appleseed. They are a great way to learn the basics of shooting and using a sling. It's also not just for beginners as you can learn something new every time you go.

If you show us what sling you bought, maybe we can help you with how to mount it. Magpul has a lot of how to videos on their website for sling mounting that can help a lot, even if it's a different brand of sling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2021, 02:55 PM
beavis
National Guard Veteran Emergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkoz View Post

That is a simple question with a lot of complex answers.

The beauty of the AR 15 platform is you have a lot of flexibility in mounting a very wide assortment of accessories. The beauty of the Tippman is it is about the closest you can get to a real AR15 in a purpose-made 22LR.

For the front mount, you can get pretty much any M-lok sling mounts. I happen to like Magpul but any will likely do. You can mount on either the underside or along the side depending on what your intended usage will be. And you can get multiple quick-detach mounts and move the sling attachment where you want it.

If all you want the sling for is a means to shoulder the gun while walking into the woods, it probably doesn't matter where you mount either the front or the rear mounts. Use whatever works and whatever is comfortable for you.

However IMHO that is seriously short-changing the value of a sling.

A sling can and should be an integral part of the gun and part of your marksmanship and shooting dynamics.

I will also strongly encourage you to do a Appleseed workshop mentioned above.

That was better basic marksmanship training and use of a sling as part of your rifle shooting system in one weekend at a 25 meter range with a 10/22 than I got from Uncle Sam in basic training.

For unsupported shooting for accuracy using a sling, You want a GI/Garand style sling mounted from the front underside of the forend and the rear of the buttstock.

For more "tacticool" applications like fast roping out of helicopters and breaching and room clearing buildings, you may be better of with different attachment methods.

And for just carrying it over your shoulder into the woods, it probably doesn't matter much.
Old 10-04-2021, 02:43 PM
DefiantOne
Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I strongly recommend the following https://ammogarand.com/amm1gablcowe.html. And, I concur with the suggestion of attending an Appleseed event. If you do both you will already have the sling they recommend and teach.
Old 11-04-2021, 05:13 PM
TippMann007

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm setting up up mine too ..
Got this cheap , come with QD Sling Swivel Mount..
This is the best i can do for now , it works fine

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092224Z2M...roduct_details