Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Rico left 6 years ago today

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  BigSky1 
#1 ·
Very hard to believe. I do not want his memory to pass. I have heard it said if you have people that knew and loved you you will never be truly gone. That is why I can never pass this time of year with out posting about my best friend @ RFC.

I hate that he died lonely and depressed to the point taking his own life seemed like the best option.

I have been there so I understand better than some what it feels like when everything seems to be pressing in on you and there seems to be only one way out but usually it is a terrible choice.

As long as I am around and there is an RFC Doug will be remembered:

Notice his "wall paper":D:bthumb:

A small part of his "collection":

Some of "Da Rez" where he lived:

My friend Doug although I really think Ricochet was truly a better name he was very proud of the fact he was named after Gen. Douglas MacArthur:

He will always be missed.:(

See less See more
#4 ·
Thank you for your post, Vincent. I appreciate the touching glimpse into the life of your friend. It is a pleasure to see a little more after hearing about him on RFC. I am so happy to be a part of this community, and am grateful for the contributions of members like Ricochet that helped make RFC what it is today: lounge/library/service center/shooting club!

#6 ·
It really does seem to have gone very quickly but that is what they told us when we were growing up that the older you get the faster the time goes.

I thought things would get easier but that has only been a very slow process.

I still miss him every time I go to SuperStock.

#8 ·
It doesn't seem it could have been that long ago.

Rico often made me laugh; still does whenever I think of his search for the ultimate back-woods bullet lube and OTC misadventures playing w/that concept. I always wondered if the folks at Eley were paying attention at the time. Ha! Whot a hoot! He was really a lot of fun and I got a lot of enjoyment from his contributions and perspective.:bthumb:

It was both a heartbreaker and a shock to learn of his passing. Depression is a horrible disease. His never came thru to me, he always seemed up-beat.

That's how I prefer to remember him, funny and friendly. :)

#9 ·
Hard to believe it's been six years already, I remember his passing so well. I truly admire your passion for his memory, Vince. It's so sad how he ended his life, but you do him a great honor in remembering him as you do and keeping his memory alive for the rest of us. RIP.

Doug

#14 ·
posted this photo up in sharing info before I saw this thread. Here's the view from just north of Ricos place this morning. Any questions as too why they call this country "Big Sky"?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.