Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-17-2020, 11:01 PM
Hobbiest

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Freedom scopes

Leupold freedom. Any one change the parallax? I want a light weight 3-9 scope with a simple crosshair . Have a nitrex that fits the bill on one gun and I changed the parallax but I can't find another one. I have seen the reticle for the freedom rimfire and not a fan. Before anyone say weaver v-9(not a rv-9) I have one and it doesnt hold a candle to the nitrex optically. JMO, better eye relief and much better in low light.
Old 06-20-2020, 05:57 AM
edwea

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a VX Freedom 3-9 that I adjusted the parallax on. It was set for 50yds I think and I brought it down to 25. It actually still looks good at 50, which was my concern. It would have taken less than 5 minutes if I hadn't an idiot moment. I used a rubber wrench to remove the ring around the objective lens carrier and adjusted the lens carrier until my 25 yd target was crystal clear. When I put the trim ring back on, I didn't pay close enough attention to the direction and put it on backwards. Both ends are threaded so this was an easy mistake to make. It is an easy mistake to avoid as well. All threads are not created equal and when I went to tighten the ring back down, it stopped early leaving thread exposed. I got the strap wrench back on it and cranked her all the way down. Well, it over took my lens carrier with it, and it was so buried that I had a heck of a time getting the ring back off and backing the carrier out. I buggered up the slots on the lens carrier in the process. All is well now and the scope didn't break seal and looks great, but there are idiot marks under the trim ring. Lesson learned...mark the trim ring with tape or something so you know which direction it goes back on! You should have no problem.

Last edited by edwea; 06-20-2020 at 06:12 AM.
Old 06-20-2020, 01:59 PM
Hobbiest

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
TY for the reply. I want to take a regular 3-9 duplex witch I think they set at 150 yrds and change it to sixty. Open to other light weight scopes that have a simple crosshairs and good in low light 50-75 yrd parralex. Would like to stay in the 3-9 range.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2020, 03:14 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I've adjusted the parallax-free distance on several of my scopes that don't have A/O or side focus. For all of the ones I've done, I only had to loosen the outer objective ring a turn or so to allow me to easily turn the slotted adjustment ring that moves the objective lens and thereby adjusts the focus distance. I haven't adjusted a Leupold Freedom model, but if it's like the scopes I have adjusted, you don't need to remove the outer objective ring, just loosen it a little.
Old 06-20-2020, 07:21 PM
Phil in Alabama

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
It would have to be a 40mm objective, the only 33mm compact 3-9x they make now is the EFR.
Old 06-20-2020, 10:42 PM
dvang

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Ive adjusted leupold scopes. Use strap wrench. Its straight forward to do. Follow online instructions from googling
Old 06-21-2020, 01:17 PM
Hobbiest

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvang View Post
Ive adjusted leupold scopes. Use strap wrench. Its straight forward to do. Follow online instructions from googling
Ive done it three times on different scopes and some were easy and some were not so I was wondering i leopold is bound in in some way. Had one that the lens moved with the locking cap so you couldn't take the locking cap off.