Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-26-2020, 12:06 PM
VincentG

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My tu-tone birdshead Ruger Wrangler

I have posted this pistol on a number of sites since I finished it and thought I would post it here as well. It all came about after buying my younger son a Wrangler for his 21st birthday, then I bought myself one after seeing one of these birdshead frames on one. On Cyber Monday Midway had the frame on sale for $73.99 and it just snowballed from there when I realized how the gun could be so easily customized. Doing the build was a ton of fun, all of the "new" SS parts were media blasted as were the MIM hammer and trigger, many of the stainless Single Six parts I found used and the media blasting unified everything for me. The grips are from Altamont and are bonded ivory, when I priced medallions for them I got the idea to inlay coins instead, I had some "trimes" 3 cent silver coins from the 1850s in my collection and their graphic design as well as size seemed perfect. When I finished the grips I knew I would be doing more grips in the future with these coins. My wife and I went to a coin show locally and stocked up on as many as we could find reasonably priced, plus I bought one that will go into my coin collection. These pistols have been so much fun to shoot and to play around with. here are a couple of finished pics.
Old 03-26-2020, 03:09 PM
mtnbikerid3r

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Very nice. Great job

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2020, 03:40 PM
VincentG

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2020, 04:39 PM
Tomcat21
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Beautiful work, great looking pistol.......
Old 03-27-2020, 06:43 PM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Hmmm......I just happen to have a spare set of birdshead grips in the black/grey lam. Now all I need is a Wrangler and a BH frame to go under 'em......
Would be a nice partner for my 45acp BH New Mdl Blackhawk.
Old 04-12-2020, 07:01 PM
Njanear
National Guard NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Very nice!
Old 04-13-2020, 06:20 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Attractive and uniquely yours, well done.
Old 04-13-2020, 06:38 AM
VincentG

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thank you. My son currently has the stainless cylinder and I wont see him again till all this covid-19 is behind us, he is a junior in Gainsville. I have a drop in 8 shot WMR cylinder in mine now. When we get to see each other again we will start on the Rosemary Pine grips, I can't wait to see how they look on his plowhandle frame. I am also going to make a pair of birdshead for my best friends Single Seven. I now have enough trimes stashed away for 8 pairs of grips.