Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-15-2020, 01:49 PM
openspaces
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_AK View Post
22 Stinkster has YouTube videos of him shooting his Scorpion and Black Mamba with CCI ammo without issue. What did VQ say the issue was with CCI?
Volquartsen didnít clarify the issue. They pointed me to reach out to CCI. The ammo I have is a couple years old and previously ran fine before the kit install. Iím not saying there is or is not some suspect lots of cci ammo but in my other .22 the same lots work fine. Im kind of kickin myself as the 22/45 functioned perfect but I wanted a drop in trigger improvement.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:12 PM
Test_Engineer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I don't buy that ammo is causing your feeding problems. A dirty magazine that feeds slow from bullet lube collected inside maybe, but that's a cleaning issue.

Can you describe exactly how your feeds are failing, or maybe post a pic or two?

I've identified 5 or 6 distinct types of feeding failures, and the needed fix varies depending on the type. I'd also be interested in learning just how the VQ kit could induce these feeding failures. I already know how the kit can induce light strikes.

Thanks.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:36 AM
openspaces
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Test_Engineer View Post
I don't buy that ammo is causing your feeding problems. A dirty magazine that feeds slow from bullet lube collected inside maybe, but that's a cleaning issue.

Can you describe exactly how your feeds are failing, or maybe post a pic or two?
Thanks.
Took both guns out with the same lot of ammo used before.

Scorpion ran flawless (cleaned the chamber after realizing it was a bit sticky and wouldn't allow a round to drop in freely)

22/45 lite i swapped in the volquartsen bolt and ran 100rds no issues. Swapped back in the stock bolt and ran another 200 rounds with only a couple issues. (1) fail to eject, and (1) fail to load. The issues I was having consistency was either the round would lay flat in the magazine and not be picked up by the bolt, or the more common issue was the round would "nose up" and not chamber. I did clean the mags really well, gave them a shot of drylube. Not sure if the colder weather and lube was built up or there are other minor issues with the mags.

Either way, I agree the kit should not have caused feeding issues, but I'll just be happy for now that both are functioning well.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:23 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Only post I read tonight was the one above me. So just commenting on that.

Only touching on one thing at this time too. Feeding issue. When you load the mags full, pull down on the follower and let go and see if the rounds are slow to feed up. This has been prevalent for me with Aguila SV in like 20 mags (MK mags or Buckmark). In cold weather, the same can hold true for CCI Blazer, but mainly waxy Aguila. This was with freshly cleaned mags. Now if I sprayed a shot of rem oil on the rounds up front, no issue. I really liked Aguila's primer consistency, but the feed issue did it for me. If I loaded down to 6-7rds in a mag, I never had a problem. And the only reason I would do that was when I was troubleshooting it. I have zero reason to be loading a 10rd mag at half or so capacity.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:32 PM
AzShooter
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've had that same problem with Aguila. Blazers work fine in my 22/45 and my Mamba. I've cleaned all my mags so I knew that wasn't the problem. After shooting I always clean my bolt and I'm using VQ bolts in both guns.

It's so easy to clean them. I hardly ever take out the firing pin and clean the track. I should probably do that more often.