NIKON out of business?? - Page 4 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-07-2020, 10:23 AM
Signalman

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)

Randyman_ar sir I used to look at Natchez twice a day since 2008 I did not want to miss their one day sales on everything. It was a habit that was hard to break switching from RFC to Natchez every time I thought about it...because over the years Natchez would throw in something over night I did not want to miss it.

Anyway I stopped looking about 6 months ago when my wife got sick and I had and have more scopes than rifles. Because of this Nikon thread I just looked again and found a few good deals on Weaver scopes.

Natchez has the Grand Slam 4-16x with the Multistop reticle for $370 which was in the 6-7 range.

they also have a few Tactical scopes which are built on the Super Slam frame and they are:

3-15x50mm EDMR reticle for $534 normally these were about $900

and a 4-20x50mm Mildot reticle for $760 which is a good price for this scope that normally ran for over $1000.

I have a couple of GS multistop reticle scopes and they work for hunting too large for target work...the EDMR and Mildot reticle are not my cup of tea. So I never really looked at those.

Check them out and wait for a few days Natchez changes their sales every three days normally with discounts of different things. (% off or free shipping)

hope this helps you...you might like these reticles. if you want more information about these scopes just PM me and we will talk.

P.S. I also looked on Ebay and there is one GS 4-16x EBX reticle scope for $749 if you have to have one...Natchez back in February (last month) had them for $329 just before they sold out. So sad

Signalman

Edit: just to keep this thread on track...Natchez still has plenty of Nikon scopes for sale they have 169 models in stock...so keep and eye out for the model you need/want. Don't half step if you want one now is the time to strike.

Last edited by Signalman; 03-07-2020 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-07-2020, 08:19 PM
randyman_ar
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalman View Post
Randyman_ar sir I used to look at Natchez twice a day since 2008 I did not want to miss their one day sales on everything. It was a habit that was hard to break switching from RFC to Natchez every time I thought about it...because over the years Natchez would throw in something over night I did not want to miss it.

Anyway I stopped looking about 6 months ago when my wife got sick and I had and have more scopes than rifles. Because of this Nikon thread I just looked again and found a few good deals on Weaver scopes.

Natchez has the Grand Slam 4-16x with the Multistop reticle for $370 which was in the 6-7 range.

they also have a few Tactical scopes which are built on the Super Slam frame and they are:

3-15x50mm EDMR reticle for $534 normally these were about $900

and a 4-20x50mm Mildot reticle for $760 which is a good price for this scope that normally ran for over $1000.

I have a couple of GS multistop reticle scopes and they work for hunting too large for target work...the EDMR and Mildot reticle are not my cup of tea. So I never really looked at those.

Check them out and wait for a few days Natchez changes their sales every three days normally with discounts of different things. (% off or free shipping)

hope this helps you...you might like these reticles. if you want more information about these scopes just PM me and we will talk.

P.S. I also looked on Ebay and there is one GS 4-16x EBX reticle scope for $749 if you have to have one...Natchez back in February (last month) had them for $329 just before they sold out. So sad

Signalman

Edit: just to keep this thread on track...Natchez still has plenty of Nikon scopes for sale they have 169 models in stock...so keep and eye out for the model you need/want. Don't half step if you want one now is the time to strike.
Thanks for the heads up . I mainly just punch paper at 50 yrds. I thought their T 36 was by far the best bang for the buck. They still pop up here on the trading post for around $300 give or take. I have shallow pockets..so will be looking for comparable glass at around same price point. Still bums me out
Quality product pulled by people who have no clue of what they bought and most likely never looked through a Weaver optic. Opted for sub par to average .....decision was made in the corporate board room... not in the field or at a range. Anytime a company gets swallowed up by a conglomerate it becomes a numbers game....
Sliver of hope if u r a Nikon fan...several threads on different sites claim Nikon's not ending production...only their name branding....
Old 03-08-2020, 09:13 AM
cabin22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyman_ar View Post
Sliver of hope if u r a Nikon fan...several threads on different sites claim Nikon's not ending production...only their name branding....
Is this how Internet rumors get started?
Old 03-08-2020, 09:26 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabin22 View Post
Round here its the geezerettes standing around chewing the fat after church.
Old 03-08-2020, 08:32 PM
randyman_ar

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabin22 View Post
Absolutely ....ran across a thread on Snipershide... have no way of vetting it...hoping it's true...

Last edited by randyman_ar; 03-08-2020 at 11:14 PM.
Old 03-08-2020, 10:21 PM
Signalman

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
My only question about that is why in the world would Nikon package a scope under a different name....they made their reputation with their glass that would be one of the dumbest moves ever.

It's almost like when I talked with the production manager of Weaver at the 2019 Shot show and they were talking about dropping the name of Grand Slam for their top of the line scopes...I told him everybody knows what a Grand Slam is so why change it he said it was not his call. Great guy.

no matter there still is Nikons to buy so don't drag your feet on this guys.

Signalman
Old 03-08-2020, 11:03 PM
randyman_ar

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalman View Post
My only question about that is why in the world would Nikon package a scope under a different name....they made their reputation with their glass that would be one of the dumbest moves ever.

It's almost like when I talked with the production manager of Weaver at the 2019 Shot show and they were talking about dropping the name of Grand Slam for their top of the line scopes...I told him everybody knows what a Grand Slam is so why change it he said it was not his call. Great guy.

no matter there still is Nikons to buy so don't drag your feet on this guys.

Signalman
If I remember correctly...pressure from non hunter/gun groups. Their core customers being photography crowd.