Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Drunk the koolaid for Howa .22

10K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  Kisssofdeath 
#1 ·
I’m in the dawg house for sure.......I just ordered the Howa 1100 .22 rifle.....along with a Keystone Varmint. I used to put lampshades on rifles, and stand them up in the corners of the den, the rotate them to the safe after a new “ lamp” came in.

My better half let’s me do what I want as far as toys, I shouldn’t joke about it. I guess I’m the Howa guinea pig......I don’t think it is possible to beat the KSA varmint rifle for the money.

Any one here have experience with the Howa ?

I’m telling my age here.....I just found a Simmons 6 x 20 x 44 scope made for silhouette in Japan . This bugger is N I B ! I forgot I had it.....

That will go on the KSA . I still get excited about new toys. :D

#8 ·
Thanks gr8guns, I couldn't find it on the gun.deals site and that is usually very complete. I don't know that it is a kool-aid move as the Howa rifles I own are very well made. The only hesitancy I have is the importer. Legacy has proven to be very sketchy for customer support and having a good dealer network.

#14 ·
Thanks Neighbor! I was really hot on them for awhile now I guess I've moved on to different things.. Oh well Tulsa is hopefully happening soon!

#17 ·
Finally shipped

I got notice today the Howa .22 rifle is finally on the way. After shooting my Bergara, I am less excited with the receipt of the Howa. I don't think it can be on the same level as the Bergara, but it was also about half the money. It ( the Howa ) will probably be used for tree rodent control. Time will tell.

#21 ·
The Howa journey!

it is supposed to be in town tomorrow. The seller waited six days to ship, and that was through the mail. It is a little slower than the shipping companies, it seems. For the 30 dollar shipping fee, it should have arrived a little quicker, one would think. I have knee surgery coming up Thursday, it is going to be a couple of weeks at least before testing can even begin. I ordered a banjo at the same time, so I guess tuning it will come first, since I won't have to travel to pick it.

#24 ·
I am with John, surgery can wait. You are only thinking of yourself as we have been waiting for someone to do a review on this rifle. I guess if your going to think of yourself good luck with the surgery. Just kidding of course, hope things go well. Still can't wait for the review though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.