Hi Standard W104 "Double Nine" w/gold plated grip frame & case hardened hammer. - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-08-2020, 06:34 PM
runninmike
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

FWIW...The faux ejector rod on the w series revolvers is actually a cylinder release if pressed down range direction...
Old 08-09-2020, 02:23 PM
SGVictor
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by runninmike View Post
FWIW...The faux ejector rod on the w series revolvers is actually a cylinder release if pressed down range direction...
That is correct and there were about six different designs for the faux ejector assembly more if you count the longhorns and the nickel plated ones.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:58 PM
blackagnes
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Tough one to find...

A Natchez. I looked for years to find one, and finally did. Very scarce. Does anyone know how many were made?

Tim
Old 08-09-2020, 05:05 PM
SGVictor

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackagnes View Post
A Natchez. I looked for years to find one, and finally did. Very scarce. Does anyone know how many were made?

Tim

My table for quantifying scarcity of High Standard firearms is here:

https://histandard.info/PDF2015/Rari...08-10-2015.pdf

The Natchez was made in three different design series, the W-102, W-103 and W-104 Beginning in the third quarter of 1960 and continuing through the third quarter of 1965. There was also a Sears version which was made in smaller numbers from about mid 1961 through the fourth quarter of 1963 although there were some late shipments. Probably left over stock that Sears did not take. Late shipments were after Sears stopped handgun sales at the end of 1963.

Which design series is your Natchez and what is the serial number? Collectively the Natchez would not fall within the top 290 of the High Standard scarcest guns.
Old Yesterday, 04:10 AM
spud3030

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Double 9 Convertible

G'day fellas,
just bought myself a little Double 9 Convertible, missing the 22 Mag cylinder sadly. Seems to be a 1979 model and looks great in the photos!
She won't arrive until next week though, I'll post some more pictures then.
It's the only one I've seen for sale in Australia (I don't know how many made it here) and will be a great companion to my beautiful Trophy.
Here's a couple of pics the now previous owner sent me.
seeya's spud
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1045.jpg (518.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1046.jpg (523.6 KB, 1 views)
Old Yesterday, 06:58 AM
Kona Dave

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Skype™ to Kona Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by spud3030 View Post
G'day fellas,
just bought myself a little Double 9 Convertible, missing the 22 Mag cylinder sadly. Seems to be a 1979 model and looks great in the photos!
She won't arrive until next week though, I'll post some more pictures then.
It's the only one I've seen for sale in Australia (I don't know how many made it here) and will be a great companion to my beautiful Trophy.
Here's a couple of pics the now previous owner sent me.
seeya's spud
I have a High Sierra convertible. I know, not the same beast. So I could be wrong with my statement here. My 2 cylinders are different as the 22LR cylinder has scallop cutouts and the 22 Magnum cylinder is solid. So it is easy to tell them apart. Based on my model it appears your gun has the 22 Magnum cylinder since it appears to be a solid cylinder. Again, I could be wrong.
Old Yesterday, 09:43 AM
SGVictor

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona Dave View Post
I have a High Sierra convertible. I know, not the same beast. So I could be wrong with my statement here. My 2 cylinders are different as the 22LR cylinder has scallop cutouts and the 22 Magnum cylinder is solid. So it is easy to tell them apart. Based on my model it appears your gun has the 22 Magnum cylinder since it appears to be a solid cylinder. Again, I could be wrong.
High Standards use of fluted and smooth cylinders is pretty confusing.

In the beginning all cylinders were fluted and the ones made for Sears had an unusual form of fluting. Then with the introduction of certain models with aluminum frames before the steel frame combination guns were introduced they introduced the plain cylinders. Early combination Western revolvers came with two plain cylinders. The actual style cylinder seems to be largely the result of whatever the sales/marketing department wanted and varied by model and with time. The later catalogs do show the High Sierra came with one fluted and one plain cylinder however the catalogs were not always a reliable source of information.
Old Yesterday, 09:55 AM
Kona Dave

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Skype™ to Kona Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGVictor View Post
High Standards use of fluted and smooth cylinders is pretty confusing.

In the beginning all cylinders were fluted and the ones made for Sears had an unusual form of fluting. Then with the introduction of certain models with aluminum frames before the steel frame combination guns were introduced they introduced the plain cylinders. Early combination Western revolvers came with two plain cylinders. The actual style cylinder seems to be largely the result of whatever the sales/marketing department wanted and varied by model and with time. The later catalogs do show the High Sierra came with one fluted and one plain cylinder however the catalogs were not always a reliable source of information.
Thank you for clarifying.